CDC effectively ends masking requirements

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CDC effectively ends masking requirements

The CDC announced yesterday that people who have been fully vaccinated don't need to wear masks any more. You still need to wear masks at hospitals, clinics, and public transportation.

Minnesota Governor Tim Walz has decided this means the state can't mandate mask wearing.

But how are we supposed to know if someone who's not wearing a mask is fully vaccinated or if they're one of those non-masking antivax idiots? I don't want to play russian roulette with my health. This decision by the CDC and especially by Walz makes me, perhaps irrationally, furious. I'm going to keep wearing my mask in public until we reach at least 70% vaccinated in my state or cases are in the single digits for multiple weeks. I fear this will lead to yet another surge of infections.
    Last edited by Ghel; 05-14-2021, 01:35 PM.
    "The future is always born in pain... If we are wise what is born of that pain matures into the promise of a better world." --G'Kar, "Babylon 5"

And, it looks like we won't reach any level of herd immunity, especially with the new variants. Five reasons why COVID herd immunity is probably impossible

Comment

No such announcement here in Canada that I know of (certainly not in Ontario) and of course your concern is very valid ... there's no way of knowing if the maskless person in front of you is fully vaccinated or just full of bullshit. For once I disagree with the CDC. I think this is very premature.
      Insults are the arguments employed by those who are in the wrong.
      ~ Jean-Jacques Rousseau

Comment

Working...
      X