Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

There was a shooting near my son’s school today.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• There was a shooting near my son’s school today.

The middle school is one block away from the high school my son goes to. Both schools went into lockdown. Fortunately, no students or staff were physically hurt. Apparently, it was due to a custody dispute. The police and the Interagency Deadly Force Investigation Team are still investigating.

My son is home, safe and sound if a bit shaken. School is scheduled to resume Monday and there will be counselors on hand. I told him that if he needed to, go ahead and talk to a counselor. That is one hell of a frightening thing for a kid to go through.

https://kval.com/news/local/heavy-po...agPsqVnGIMXqXk
    People behave as if they were actors in their own reality show. -- Panacea
    If you're gonna be one of the people who say it's time to make America great again, stop being one of the reasons America isn't great right now. --Jester

I'm so sorry to hear that. How is your whole family doing with it in general?

Comment

Ugh.

Just, ugh.

Comment

Originally posted by D_Yeti_Esquire View Post
        I'm so sorry to hear that. How is your whole family doing with it in general?
        We were all upset for a while, but are better now. My MIL picked him up from school, as the roads were still barricaded and the buses were running late. When he came home, he walked right over to me and hugged me. He was shaken up, understandably, as were we all. He talked about it now and then over the weekend, and is feeling much better now.
        People behave as if they were actors in their own reality show. -- Panacea
        If you're gonna be one of the people who say it's time to make America great again, stop being one of the reasons America isn't great right now. --Jester

Comment

Working...
        X