Richard Jewell - Should this be made?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Richard Jewell - Should this be made?

I was in high school when this happened and I'll be honest it wasn't that big a deal to me. It didn't directly affect me so I didn't think much of it. In 2019 at 39 years old I know that the Atlantic City bombing was Ted Kaczynski the Unabomber. It took me a moment after seeing the preview for Richard Jewel that he was the initial suspect.

It seriously damaged his life but now I doubt most people would remember who he is. Should this movie be being made when it just brings him back into the limelight?
    Jack Faire
    Friend
    Father
    Smartass

Jewell passed away in 2007 and fought a lot of court battles against the media over his treatment. So I would imagine had he lived he would be all for a movie that further cemented that he was exonerated and a hero.

Comment

Further to what Gravekeeper said, I am nearly always in favor of movies that show the danger of treating people as guilty before they are actually convicted.

That is dangerous, and plain wrong, yet more and more common with social media.

Comment

Originally posted by SkullKing View Post
        "danger of treating people as guilty before they are actually convicted."
        I see your point but I was under the impression that it was more a case of the media being the ones to be all "well he must have done it" instead of accepting that someone can actually do their job well.
        Jack Faire
        Friend
        Father
        Smartass

Comment

Working...
        X