Abortion is a worse moral scandal than abuse by priests

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Abortion is a worse moral scandal than abuse by priests

Warning: very ranty and may make your blood boil. TLDR at bottom.

Like a lot of countries, Australia has been investigating old, current and new reports of abuse in religious organisations. Our Royal Commission is slowly being finalised and the skeletons have well and truly been dragged kicking and screaming from the closets. It has been a very long 5 years.

One of the major issues we have had in Victoria is George Pell. I will not give him his titles, but he is currently being protected at the Vatican and claims to be too ill to travel to Melbourne to face the victims of the priests he protected. For some very messed up reasons, he was still allowed to address the kids at World Youth day a couple of years ago. I've recently been sent part of his speech and there are no words to describe how messed up this particular part is:

'Abortion is a worse moral scandal than priests sexually abusing young people.'

This piece of scum compares getting rid of a small clump of cells to abusing living, breathing, feeling, crying children.

This piece of %&#&$%(*(*%^&@#!*) was responsible for moving priests around to new churches when children and parents complained about abuse. He told children that it was their fault. He allowed priests continued access to children even after multiple complaints from multiple families. He used intimidation and hush money to make complaints go away. He refused to answer any police questions when abuse was reported to them. He has also refused to answer most of the questions that the Royal Commission has put to him, he constantly claims he can't remember particular families or meetings. He is also believed to have destroyed records and evidence of families and individuals complaining of the abuse.

To give you an idea of the scale of the abuse, this article sums it up the best.
    http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-02-0...-abuse/8243890

So far there have been no reported allegations of Pell abusing anyone, but he has been high up in the church since the late 1970's and has been part of the groups deciding where priests should be sent for most of that time.

This really hits my family because several of the priests that Pell shuffled around went through the parish that my mum grew up in. We were just very lucky that none of her siblings went to any of the extra activities beyond the normal sunday mass. Many of the kids at her school were not so lucky. They had 4 of the biggest abusers one after the other in charge of the area.

TL;DR: Scumbag priest claims abortion is worse than priests abusing children when he helped cover up abuse and moved priests that were abusing kids.

It's quite rich isn't it?
    I'm sure he and Bernard Law are having a good time in the Vatican as fugitives from justice. What a pity there isn't a hell for such people to go to.
    Customer: I need an Apache.
    Gravekeeper: The Tribe or the Gunship?

Comment

Yeah, this is one of the few times I wished I was religious and believed in hell.

But we do have a few old penal colony prisons that I think we should re-open for these priests. There is Hell's Gate in Tasmania ( https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hells_Gates_(Tasmania) ) which had Sarah Island nearby. A really not nice place that held the worst of the worst. I would be more than happy to sit in the nearby lighthouse (with lots of books) to make sure they all stayed on the island. And if they did escape, it's still a fairly isolated area, so I'd just release the dogs. Actually helicopters with heat cameras but it doesn't sound as good.

Comment

Forget the dogs and helicopters - remember that this is Australia. Release the salt-water crocodiles to track them down. You won't get them back into the prison, but they definitely won't get away.

Comment

And people who sincerely follow such religions say they can't understand why their entire religion is under fire. When those in authority protect the accused ... and allow their representatives to say things like that ... any moral authority they might have had has gone right into the sewer.
          Insults are the arguments employed by those who are in the wrong.
          ~ Jean-Jacques Rousseau

Comment

Working...
          X