Unearned Insecurity

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unearned Insecurity

Rough estimate 90 percent of the job interviews I walk into I walk out with a job.

Once I was waiting for my then girlfriend in the lobby during her job interview...I walked out with a job. (Not a joke it really happened they asked if i was their next interview when I said no they asked if I was looking and hired me on the spot when I said yes.)

The point is in the course of my life finding work has never been difficult. If I have the qualifications they want odds are the job is mine. And yet every single time I get freaked out that they're going to realize they made a mistake and tell me they didn't really mean to hire me.

What struck me about this is that my best friend doesn't have my luck with jobs. However while I've been single since *coughs* 2005. She's been in long relationships. It's not hard for her to meet guys, have them interested and get into relationships. Damn if she isn't insecure as hell about relationships though.

I don't get why we get insecurities about the things we rock the most at? Any ideas?
    Jack Faire
    Friend
    Father
    Smartass

I wish I had that luck with interviews. I've had tons of interviews with Comc@st and I can't get arrested there let alone a job. I don't even get interviews most times. I'm stuck in a job I hate right now. Relationships on the other hand, I have had interesting luck with. I've never really been single much in my life at all. I have the best relationship ever right now and I feel insecure, like they are going to come to their senses and leave me some day. I don't know why.
    https://www.youtube.com/user/HedgeTV
    Great YouTube channel check it out!

Comment

Originally posted by telecom_goddess View Post
      I wish I had that luck with interviews.
      Pissed off my then girlfriend she had a 30 minute interview. If we hadn't been renting a single room efficiency at the time I probably would have been sleeping on the couch.

I wish luck could be traded. My best friend is having a hell of a time finding work. She's got a Bachelor's Degree (I don't) and she's having problems finding places that will actually hire her. She never has much problem getting dates though.
      Jack Faire
      Friend
      Father
      Smartass

Comment

Originally posted by jackfaire View Post
        I don't get why we get insecurities about the things we rock the most at? Any ideas?
        Off the top of my head I would say it's Imposter Syndrome, or something very much like it.

Comment

Working...
        X