Let's blame the immigrants ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Let's blame the immigrants ...

I was speaking to an aunt who lives out West.

Her son's daughter "can't find a job".

And why?

Because all the immigrants are taking them.

Aunt: "You go into (Store) or (Store) and you don't see any Caucasian faces at the registers. I know they need the jobs but it would be nice to see some of our own." (Er ... maybe because they're the ones who've found BETTER jobs ... ?)

Let's ignore the fact that she had a job (retail). She needed all four molars out and quit her job.

Me: "Wouldn't they give her time off?"

Aunt: "Oh, I don't know if she asked. But she didn't like it anyway."

Um ... this is a kid with very little experience. At anything. Same aunt said in an earlier conversation: "She doesn't like retail or fast food."

This is not a situation where you can afford to have a lot of pickiness.

She apparently has done no volunteer work either.

And aunt uses, of course, the old "I'm not prejudiced but ..." Repeatedly.

Aunt also felt it was grossly unfair to be teaching calculus to arts students.
    Last edited by Pixelated; 04-29-2019, 02:03 AM.
    Insults are the arguments employed by those who are in the wrong.
    ~ Jean-Jacques Rousseau

Ohhh I hate that. "would be nice to see some of our own" Ugh. My mother was just like this. She was upset because a family member had a half black baby and "broke our white line" Whatever....who really cares? Race comes down to where people evolved, it's due to climate. That's it. People need to get over themselves.
    https://www.youtube.com/user/HedgeTV
    Great YouTube channel check it out!

Comment

Said aunt is constantly moaning about all the "immigrants" (read: NON-WHITE immigrants) in her area. She was carrying on once about how all the taxi drivers were [guess which area of the world they appear to have come from] and how she's always afraid they will drive her out of the city and mug her and leave her.

My brother's reaction to this: "I'm pretty sure they're just happy to have a customer who's not drunk and isn't going to puke all over the upholstery ..."
      ~ Jean-Jacques Rousseau

Comment

Originally posted by Pixelated View Post
        My brother's reaction to this: "I'm pretty sure they're just happy to have a customer who's not drunk and isn't going to puke all over the upholstery ..."
        If I was driving a cab I'd prefer the drunk at least the puke they spew is easier to clean up and they stop spewing it when they sober up.
        Jack Faire
        Friend
        Father
        Smartass

Comment

Originally posted by Pixelated View Post
          Aunt: "You go into (Store) or (Store) and you don't see any Caucasian faces at the registers. I know they need the jobs but it would be nice to see some of our own." (Er ... maybe because they're the ones who've found BETTER jobs ... ?)
          Reminds me of a conversation I had on Facebook. Some Trumpanzee was going on about how "those damn Mexicans are stealing our jobs." My reaction? Sure Jethro...that Mexican neurosurgeon is going to take your minimum-wage job at McDonald's In all seriousness though, the jobs (or "jerbs") that are being "stolen" are ones that Americans refuse to do in the first place. Things like picking crops, mowing lawns, or cleaning hotel rooms. All of those things need done to keep the economy going. You can't have it both ways. Either work the jobs, or shut the hell up.

Comment

Trumpanzee!! I LOVE IT! I'mma steal that one for sure.
            https://www.youtube.com/user/HedgeTV
            Great YouTube channel check it out!

Comment

Originally posted by telecom_goddess View Post
              Trumpanzee!!
              I get a chuckle out of that one myself, but I refuse to compare Trump supporters to chimps because chimps actually have some intelligence. I prefer to call them "Trumpbots."

And just to clarify, my problem isn't with people who support Trump. It's the people who blindly support him that get me annoyed. The people who, if the previous president had done the same things Trump was doing, they'd be outraged. But as long as the guy has an "R" next to him name instead of a "D", it's OK.
              --- I want the republicans out of my bedroom, the democrats out of my wallet, and both out of my first and second amendment rights. Whether you are part of the anal-retentive overly politically-correct left, or the bible-thumping bellowing right, get out of the thought control business --- Alan Nathan

Comment

Originally posted by telecom_goddess View Post
                Trumpanzee!! I LOVE IT! I'mma steal that one for sure.
                I usually go with "Trumpeteer" myself.

I have an acquaintance (downgraded from friend) who is one of those blind Trump supporters. No matter what he says or does, she will find a way to justify or excuse it. She recently announced that all the Nazis these days have a "D" after their names.

Why haven't I unfriended her? I don't know. At one time I thought we could at least discuss things, but I know better now. Her mind is nailed shut and covered in high-impact concrete. No discussion is possible.

Originally posted by jackfaire View Post
                If I was driving a cab I'd prefer the drunk at least the puke they spew is easier to clean up and they stop spewing it when they sober up.
                Good point!
                ~ Jean-Jacques Rousseau

Comment

Working...
                X