Can I hit somebody?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can I hit somebody?

I spent two days this week at an employment centre, doing a short job-search program, along with half a dozen other women (there was one guy there the first day, but he vanished into the mists somewhere between Day 1 and Day 2). There are, needless to say, people of varying ethnicities and backgrounds and countries of origin using the centre.

There are two sets of public washrooms in this building. One set was right near our seminar room and has two stalls. The toilets in this washroom, for some reason, refill extremely slowly. In the interests of conservation, they also have a very low level of water in each one.

Early this morning I went in and found what looked like 3/4 of a roll of toilet paper in the one toilet. I reported it.

Later that afternoon I went back in and now discovered that BOTH toilets had approximately 3/4 of a roll of toilet paper in them. I didn't know if it could be flushed away and wasn't inclined to try, lest I flood the place. This time one of my fellow attendees had come in at the same time, so we left to use the other set of public washrooms.

Fellow attendee kept saying "Why would somebody do that??" over and over and OVER ...

Ya know, I don't know. Maybe they were stupid and decided to see how much trouble they could cause. I've gone into public washrooms and seen paper towels wadded up into piles in the sink. Obviously there's no sensible reason to do that, but somebody did it.

And then the zinger: "Do you suppose it was the Muslims?"

This was also repeated a couple of times.

And people wonder why I prefer my cats to hanging around other humans.
    Insults are the arguments employed by those who are in the wrong.
    ~ Jean-Jacques Rousseau

Originally posted by Pixelated View Post
    And then the zinger: "Do you suppose it was the Muslims?"
    Yes they are also why you're unmarried and lonely crazy person. *eyeroll*

At least it was toilet paper. When I was working as a custodian I once had to pull an apple out of the toilet.
    Jack Faire
    Friend
    Father
    Smartass

Comment

They have had to put a sign in the single use bathroom here stating not to flush anything down the toilet except for what was intended to in there, and toilet paper. No hygiene items, no flushable wipes (cause they aren't flushable) and no garbage or paper towels. And these are grown adults they have to tell this to.

That being said I hate low flush/low flow/low water toilets, cause they don't flush worth a DAMN.
      https://www.youtube.com/user/HedgeTV
      Great YouTube channel check it out!

Comment

Originally posted by Pixelated View Post
        Early this morning I went in and found what looked like 3/4 of a roll of toilet paper in the one toilet. I reported it.

Later that afternoon I went back in and now discovered that BOTH toilets had approximately 3/4 of a roll of toilet paper in them. I didn't know if it could be flushed away and wasn't inclined to try, lest I flood the place. This time one of my fellow attendees had come in at the same time, so we left to use the other set of public washrooms.

Fellow attendee kept saying "Why would somebody do that??" over and over and OVER ...
        I think some people do it because they think it would be "funny" to do. After all, they don't have to clean it up.

It's like people who write on the walls in bathroom stalls. Why? Do they think vandalism and destruction of private property is amusing?

Comment

When I was working for the plant of the hockey sticks, we had some people flush their gloves down the toilet. The management were not happy having to call a plumber.

Years ago, I had my apartment flooded because the neighbor upstairs flushed a dishrag down the toilet. The landlord had to turn the water off for the night until they could get a plumber the next day.

I learned not to flush those kind of things by the time I was 5.
          Corey Taylor is correct. Man is a "four letter word."

Comment

I've had both of my bathrooms flooded because of the idiot neighbors upstairs. I live in fear it will happen again. Between that and their constant noise I really hate those assholes.
            https://www.youtube.com/user/HedgeTV
            Great YouTube channel check it out!

Comment

Working...
            X