No announcement yet.

GOP vs Women

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And the War on Women continues. This is an email sent out by an Arizona lawmaker saying women should be forced to watch an abortion performed before having one:

“Personally I’d like to make a law that mandates a woman watch an abortion being performed prior to having a “surgical procedure”. If it’s not a life it shouldn’t matter, if it doesn’t harm a woman then she shouldn’t care, and don’t we want more transparency and education in the medical profession anyway? We demand it everywhere else.

Until the dead child can tell me that she/he does not feel any pain - I have no intentions of clearing the conscience of the living - I will be voting YES.”

The lawmaker in question is Republican Terri Proud - A WOMAN.

Comment

... I cannot even comprehend the logic behind that one. We don't make people watch ANY OTHER medical procedure before they have one performed. Root canals, heart bypasses, appendectomies... Hell, even elective surgeries like breast implants and liposuction! There is absolutely zero justification for something as absurd as this.

Comment

Originally posted by the_std View Post
        We don't make people watch ANY OTHER medical procedure before they have one performed. Root canals, heart bypasses, appendectomies... Hell, even elective surgeries like breast implants and liposuction! There is absolutely zero justification for something as absurd as this.
        I agree, and I've always been opposed to abortion. In recent years, however, I've softened my stance somewhat, and a lot of it has to do with idiots like these sleazy politicians described in this thread.
        --- I want the republicans out of my bedroom, the democrats out of my wallet, and both out of my first and second amendment rights. Whether you are part of the anal-retentive overly politically-correct left, or the bible-thumping bellowing right, get out of the thought control business --- Alan Nathan

Comment

Originally posted by Crazedclerkthe2nd View Post
          And the War on Women continues. This is an email sent out by an Arizona lawmaker saying women should be forced to watch an abortion performed before having one:

“Personally I’d like to make a law that mandates a woman watch an abortion being performed prior to having a “surgical procedure”. If it’s not a life it shouldn’t matter, if it doesn’t harm a woman then she shouldn’t care, and don’t we want more transparency and education in the medical profession anyway? We demand it everywhere else.

Until the dead child can tell me that she/he does not feel any pain - I have no intentions of clearing the conscience of the living - I will be voting YES.”

The lawmaker in question is Republican Terri Proud - A WOMAN.
          One thing that sort of makes sense is that those who want a "moral" abortion might actually learn something from watching an abortion being performed before they have one themselves.

Although I do have to wonder: down here, RU-486 is legal in very early abortions (up to around 9-10 weeks I think) and from what I've heard, at that stage, it's basically like having a huge period (not trying to diminish abortion here, just going off of what I know). So are they going to basically make someone watch someone else basically expel blood?

And from what I am aware of, a foetus does not develop the capacity to feel pain until around the third trimester. By then, anyone wanting an abortion for the sake of getting rid of a child is just being plain stupid. (I am NOT referring to abortions performed for the sake of the mother's health or because the baby has died in utero)

Comment

Working...
          X