Being offended a store is open on Easter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Being offended a store is open on Easter

I decided to bring this piece of my rant over here, but it stems from a post on cs about a "Christian" being offended that a store is open on Easter. He thought it should be closed instead.

Easter is not even a real Christian holiday, they stole it from the pagan Eostre. It is a holiday in celebration of sex and fertility, and has NOTHING to do with the rising of jesus or anyone else. They stole it and made it into that when Christianity was taking over everything. IT's made up. He needs to take his religious indignation and shove it.
    https://www.youtube.com/user/HedgeTV
    Great YouTube channel check it out!

I don't even care about the whole stealing a holiday thing. Not everyone celebrates Easter thus not everyone should get off/take off that day.
    Violence has resolved more conflicts than anything else. The contrary opinion that violence doesn't solve anything is merely wishful thinking at its worst. - Starship Troopers

Comment

That's true but my main point is someone is getting righteous over a supposedly Christian holiday that isn't even truly Christian, it's pagan.

Comment

Originally posted by telecom_goddess View Post
        That's true but my main point is someone is getting righteous over a supposedly Christian holiday that isn't even truly Christian, it's pagan.
        Locally, some DJ went off on a rant about how Halloween "needs to be taken back as the Christian holiday it is..." She was totally serious, never mind the holiday's pagan roots, and how it has nothing to do with Christianity at all. In fact, I don't think there's one holiday, or symbol that is 100% Christian.

As to the store being open, there's probably a reason for it. Not everyone (including myself) celebrates Easter. Many people choose to travel on Easter Sunday if their family is close. Should they end up stranded if they run out of gasoline? What about the railroads and other 24/7 industries? Sure, they might reduce traffic, but they won't shut down completely.

Comment

I think you're right, no holiday is 100 % Christian. And Halloween is DEFINITELY not.

Comment

I work at a Casual Dining Restaurant since Easter tends to be a big eating holiday I was surprised we didn't get a lot of people mad we were closed on Easter.
            Jack Faire
            Friend
            Father
            Smartass

Comment

Is this the same as someone being offended that someone says "Merry Christmas" to them?

Comment

Originally posted by mjr View Post
                Is this the same as someone being offended that someone says "Merry Christmas" to them?
                No, people usually get offended over red cups at Starbucks...and being told "Happy Holidays."

Comment

One thing that I wonder here ... was the outraged Christian AT the store at the time of this indignant blowup? And if so, why is the fact that he/she is SHOPPING ON A HOLY DAY not at least as offensive as the fact that the store was open?

(A "holy day" in his or her mind, anyway.)
                  Insults are the arguments employed by those who are in the wrong.
                  ~ Jean-Jacques Rousseau

Comment

Working...
                  X