How dare you say anything other than "Ha Ha That's funny"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How dare you say anything other than "Ha Ha That's funny"

A friend of mine shared a post on Facebook not because he wanted to discuss it but because he found it amusing and apparently the only response that's acceptable to him would be, "Ha funny"

It was a stupid post about people freaking out over a movie getting a remake. Not what this post is about so please don't latch onto that. I offered my opinion on the situation and got a talking to for engaging socially on a social media site.

11 years ago when I joined Facebook I did so because I couldn't get people to text me, invited me to parties, really do anything without them doing that shit through Facebook. Like somehow they forgot phones existed or that texting was a thing.

Now unless my response to every post is something along the lines of "You're so awesome that was hilarious thank you for bringing hilarity to my life" I get shit on for trying to have an actual conversation.

What the hell happened?
    Jack Faire
    Friend
    Father
    Smartass

Narcissism. That's what.

We have an overall culture problem in the U.S.

Comment

can we debate on the definition of reboot vs remake?

Seriously the drama on facebook eludes me. I don't get involved in that at all. And people who feel like they have to leave facebook to have a real life are just acting dramatic.
      https://www.youtube.com/user/HedgeTV
      Great YouTube channel check it out!

Comment

Originally posted by telecom_goddess View Post
        This is a good one!

I look at a "remake" as more of "updating" or "re-imagining" a movie or television show.

I think a "reboot" is more akin to "starting over".

Comment

Originally posted by telecom_goddess View Post
          Honestly Shop Around The Corner to You've Got Mail is a Reboot. Same overall story and general concept but different details.

There's a lot a reboot can do really well. Some movies are more about their concepts than the details.

A remake to me meanwhile is the same story told over again with only minor detail changes.

Both have valid reasons to exist. If they remade American Pie they could tell the same story leave out the voyeurism and put more emphasis on the part where they all learn to respect women or get dumped for failing to do so.

Most of the time that is my argument is that the remake/reboot isn't for the original audience it's for a brand new audience.

I know broke my own rule but it was a valid ask thought I'd give my opinion on it.
          Jack Faire
          Friend
          Father
          Smartass

Comment

nonononono you're wrong. Little Shop Around The Corner vs You've Got Mail is a remake! A Star is Born, all the versions are remakes! A reboot is really what Tv Shows are doing, like with Roseanne/The Connors. The same people playing the same characters but updated to today.
            https://www.youtube.com/user/HedgeTV
            Great YouTube channel check it out!

Comment

Working...
            X