Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hundreds Come Forward Seeking To "Detransition" After Gender Reassignment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sIAumOcIh1c

How is that any different than someone having a nose job and then wanting their old nose back a few years later?
    Corey Taylor is correct. Man is a "four letter word."

Comment

Originally posted by catcul View Post
      How is that any different than someone having a nose job and then wanting their old nose back a few years later?
      It's a huge difference! A nose job is not nearly as intensive as switching your body to match your gender! That takes years, hormones and the possibility of multiple surgeries. And therapy to make sure you are good with the choice so you don't regret it later.
      https://www.youtube.com/user/HedgeTV
      Great YouTube channel check it out!

Comment

Originally posted by telecom_goddess View Post
        It's a huge difference! A nose job is not nearly as intensive as switching your body to match your gender! That takes years, hormones and the possibility of multiple surgeries. And therapy to make sure you are good with the choice so you don't regret it later.
        My point was that we all do things we regret.
        Corey Taylor is correct. Man is a "four letter word."

Comment

Originally posted by catcul View Post
          My point was that we all do things we regret.
          Oh well yeah that is a valid point. You would think something this intensive would be done without regrets, since there are so many requirements including therapy.
          https://www.youtube.com/user/HedgeTV
          Great YouTube channel check it out!

Comment

It's worth noting that most cases of regrets are "not happy as the opposite gender either", not "actually, I think I am my original gender after all"- there is a difference.

It's also nowhere near a majority of cases anyway.

Comment

When I was growing up there were stereotypical feminine traits and masculine traits. I had both but I was socialized male. At a certain point, I came to realize I just had to be comfortable with myself because people are fucking crazy and their corrections had little to do with me, much to do with them. I haven't gotten the impression in the last 15 years we've expanded what's available for men in terms of traits so much as reassigned whether or not we value those traits at all.

I wouldn't be surprised if many of those people "not happy with either" sort of ran into the same thing - they've been sold a basket of goods that are bullshit and now having experienced both and felt limited by both they're at the "what now?" phase. I support transgender people and their right to be seen and recognized, but I don't follow that every person that identifies did so for the right reasons. Life is just too messy. The difference between them and someone else is how much they changed about themselves to fit those narrow definitions.
              Last edited by D_Yeti_Esquire; 10-14-2019, 06:42 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by D_Yeti_Esquire View Post
                I wouldn't be surprised if many of those people "not happy with either" sort of ran into the same thing - they've been sold a basket of goods that are bullshit and now having experienced both and felt limited by both they're at the "what now?" phase. I support transgender people and their right to be seen and recognized, but I don't follow that every person that identifies did so for the right reasons. Life is just too messy. The difference between them and someone else is how much they changed about themselves to fit those narrow definitions.
                That's part of the problem with "transitioning", isn't it? Especially with the whole "there's 400 genders!" thing. You can literally only transition from "male" to "female" (i.e. sex) and/or vice versa.

This is a long-ass list of "genders" that I found via a search:

https://www.wattpad.com/341462536-co...te-list-of-all

Tell me every one of these is "real". How is that even possible?

And you can't transition from one to another. A "transitioning" person can only, by definition, transition their sex.

You can't really tell me it's possible to "transition" from one "gender" on that site to another. Most of them sound made up anyway.

Comment

Why would I tell you that? The link you gave me literally has this blurb:
                  Since you wattpad folks seem to have the collective intelligence of a turkey, I have put this here in order to tell all you monkeys that this book is in no way an accurate representation of anything, and exists purely for comedic purpouses (sic)
                  I tend to recognize male, female, and genderqueer which to my understanding has people who try to blend both. There may be people who've written a screed in support of more than that, but I haven't gotten to that stuff yet. I'm not being an asshole, I just have things to do and it's really never come up. Peer groups are a thing.

My main thing with transition is, it's a surgical procedure and like any surgery no matter how sure you are at the time, you could still be wrong.

I can have back surgery for back pain - that makes it worse. I could have knee surgery - that makes it worse. I can have corrective surgery - that I die from.

So I have a lot of sympathy for people if they determine after gender confirmation surgery that it doesn't feel right. But at the end of the day, I still think the libertarian view is best on this - let people live their lives, respect them as humans and move on. You can't save people from decisions they'll regret. All you can do is be there for them if they ask, help if needed, and try not to make their life or your own life worse.

Comment

Do you do anything except link this youtube channel? You're linking a video about an article about a single person making this claim which the article notes and I quote:

There is currently no data to reflect the number who may be unhappy in their new gender or who may opt to detransition to their biological sex.
                    Despite the claim of "hundreds" of people coming to her wanting to "de-transition" and "desist" she has mustered all of 36 patrons on patreon. She would also very much like you to donate to her paypal.

While the one person interviewed aside from her lays her problem at the feet of a misdiagnosis.

Comment

Originally posted by Gravekeeper View Post
                      Do you do anything except link this youtube channel?
                      Simple yes or no question: Do you think the person in the video is lying?

Comment

Originally posted by mjr View Post
                        Simple yes or no question: Do you think the person in the video is lying?
                        That is a disingenuous question but I assume you are fully aware of that.

Comment

That is a disingenuous question but I assume you are fully aware of that.
                          You made the assumption, not me.

Comment

Originally posted by mjr View Post
                            You made the assumption, not me.
                            You're quoting what I said to repeat what I said? Or is there a different and more unclear point you're trying to make? I can elaborate if you need me too?

You asked a question in bad faith. I presume so that you could grandstand an argument on it regardless of which way I answered. When the premise of the question itself is disingenuous. Whether or not your Youtube talking head is lying is irrelevant to the argument I made.

Lying also implies self awareness as opposed to just ignorance. The argument you put forward hinges on a single unsubstantiated claim made by a single person without any evidence. That was then picked up by your favourite Youtube mouth piece as evidence in and of itself.

If you wish to make a viable argument here then provide evidence to back up your claim instead of just using someone else's words as your argument.

Is this youtube video and the article it's based on really all the evidence you have of this claim? If so, you don't have an argument and are just barking into the void of this dead website. As usual.

Comment

You asked a question in bad faith.
                              Yeah? Prove it. What evidence do you have to support that assertion? As the expression goes, "put up or shut up".

Whether or not your Youtube talking head is lying is irrelevant to the argument I made.
                              No, it isn't. And by the way, Tim Pool isn't Conservative at all. Watch several of his videos. You might be surprised at where he stands on a lot of things.

Lying also implies self awareness as opposed to just ignorance.
                              Sure. But that wasn't the question.

The argument you put forward hinges on a single unsubstantiated claim made by a single person without any evidence.
                              You mean, exactly like yours? Because that's exactly what you just did.

That was then picked up by your favorite Youtube mouth piece as evidence in and of itself.
                              I enjoy Tim Pool's videos, for sure, but I wouldn't call him a "mouthpiece" (especially for Conservatives) in any way as far as "mainstream" thought. He provides his opinion and thoughts on articles.

Is this youtube video and the article it's based on really all the evidence you have of this claim? If so, you don't have an argument and are just barking into the void of this dead website. As usual.
                              Never stopped you guys from using one article and/or one video as evidence of a claim. I'll remember to ask for multiple sources next time.

Why the anger and hate?

You do know you have the freedom to not participate, right?
                              Last edited by mjr; 10-21-2019, 11:25 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X