internet explorer >:(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• internet explorer >:(

i hate it! and for good reason, its buggy, slow, all its defenses are lies, its defenders make 3rd rate software, was designed to create an instant monopoly then designed to crush the internet from its monopolistic infectivex and directcrapimation then ceasing all work, as microsofts internal documents show, it was created IN ORDER TO DECOMMODITIZE OPEN-SOURCE SOFTWARE SO THAT IT CANT GROW. its just plain evil!

Exploder was pissing me off, so now I use firefox. I like having all the fun little plug-ins on it, and the lack of popups is great!

Comment

Hehehe I don't like Exploder either. However, I still have to use it, since some sites are still not "Firefox friendly." If it wasn't for that, I'd remove IE altogether.

Comment

have you tried this?
        https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/1419/

Comment

We don't call it internet exploder for nothing

Comment

Originally posted by Isios View Post
            We don't call it internet exploder for nothing
            Amen to that. And even if you have XP with SP2, IE 7 will cause your PC to do some strange things and some sites won't come up correctly. My brother discovered this a few months ago when he upgraded the Exploder to the 7 version on the laptop. I reverted it back an hour later to 6.0 and we haven't fooled with 7 since.

Me likey Firefox Less frustration.
            If life hands you lemons . . . find someone whose life is handing them vodka . . . and have a party - Ron "Tater Salad" White

Comment

its real name is idiot exploiter

Comment

*cough*

Rapscallion
                Proud to be a W.A.N.K.E.R. - Womanless And No Kids - Exciting Rubbing!
                Reclaiming words is fun!

Comment

IE? It needs to die. Preferably in a Sudden Death Match between it, Firefox, and Netscape. Possibly with rabid wombats involved.

Star
                  Archie + Puffy = True Love!

If there is but one spotless lamb among a group of sinners, then he alone is the heritic.

Comment

IE? It needs to die. Preferably in a Sudden Death Match between it, Firefox, and Netscape. Possibly with rabid wombats involved.
                    you forget opera, mutant bats and konqueror

*cough*

*hack*

*blarg*

*ahem*

*choke*

28: Both the installer and the uninstaller are about as stable as nitroglycerin.

12: Borg implants tend to itch like crazy.

58: Because if a huge multi billion-dollar corporation can't keep spyware and viruses from infecting their browser, but a bunch of open source "hippies" can, then there is something seriously wrong.

41: The web is based on open standards. Open standards are incompatible with Internet Explorer, or any Microsoft product for that matter.

42: If you care at all about the data on your hard drive you won't open IE.

43: Microsoft forces people to install and use it through bundling and unnecessary integration. If it were really any good do you think they would have to
                    in conclusion, one vulnerability does not an argument make

Comment

That was the second of two found in two days, if you read the article. They also happened at the back end of last week - very recent. Don't try to make out that FF is impervious - it isn't. Your 'blarg' link is apparently dated back to 2005? You got one back in November 2006 with your 'hack' link - congratulations, that's closer. I'm sure there are many bugs in FF that have since been patched, just as those ones have been. I could probably find one or two for you if I really cared, but old news isn't really news, is it?

The DRM thing under your 'cough' link to BBC news is something I've not heard even M$ afficionados praising, so no real complaints from me about that one, though I don't really see any particular mention of browsers on there. I'm not quite certain what you're trying to prove with your 'litepc' link, except that you've managed to throw me completely off the scent with bollocks.

As for the 'choke' link, I did my best to find comedy in there. Really, I did. I failed. It looked like it had been written by twelve-year-olds who had discovered how to write in their own poo and then make an otherwise respectable page as close to a geoshitties site as possible.

Perhaps http://www.msfirefox.com/ is funnier? I think so.

Short version of my opinion is this - I go to the Internet to see the Internet, not the frame around it. I don't give a flying crap what browser it is, and I'm not a fanatic about it. I started with IE, and Firefox was slower on both PCs of mine I installed it on than IE. I tried the features the afficionados were screaming about, and I shrugged. They weren't enough to make me change browsers from something with which I was familiar.

Rapscallion
                      Reclaiming words is fun!

Comment

That was the second of two found in two days,
                        noone said it has bulletproof, ie has more found on a daily basis than that
                        on a side not the thread is about ie, not firefox, if firefox is worse than ie, what about opera, konqueror, lynx?

if you read the article.
                        no

They also happened at the back end of last week - very recent. Don't try to make out that FF is impervious - it isn't.
                        im not saying anything is impervious, nothing is, but on the whole its more secure
                        I'm not quite certain what you're trying to prove with your 'litepc' link,
                        a lot of the insecurity of ie comes from its supposed integration, for instance, to gain admin access (no pun intended)

1. run cmd from start menu
                        2. type AT (time you want it to run usually a minute or two) /interactive “cmd.exe” (use military time)
                        example: AT 21:34 /interactive “cmd.exe”
                        3. Once the new cmd window opens at the time you specified do a CTRL + ALT + DELETE
                        4. Now go into the taskmanager and kill explorer.exe
                        5. now in the cmd window opened my the AT Command type cd ..
                        6. now in the main directory type explorer.exe

As for the 'choke' link, I did my best to find comedy in there. Really, I did.

Perhaps http://www.msfirefox.com/ is funnier? I think so.
                        try spreadinternetexplorer.com

I go to the Internet to see the Internet, not the frame around it.
                        the intent of anyone using a browser is clear,
                        i dont give a flying hoot about the looks myself, if i did id use ie 7
                        but i dont i care about speed and not crashing, given firefox is a bit bloated compared to ie 6, but not ie 7, besideshttp://lifehacker.com/software/ie7/i...own-208908.php
                        on my machine firefox starts faster runs faster and hasn't crashed
                        i saw the article and found some 3rd party thing which told me a different tale of the processes,
                        also part of ies insecurity is INCREDIBLE stupidity
                        http://developers.slashdot.org/artic.../12/21/1836240
                        also, now that competition has come up, the only thing ever to get m$ off their fat ass, ie has a timetable for 2 years rather than 5
                        http://slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=07/01/12/1456248
                        offtopic you might find this interesting
                        http://linux.slashdot.org/article.pl.../01/08/2130234

an offtopic vista link

Comment

Internet Explorer isn't popular because of Microsoft evil. It's popular because it comes with every Windows PC. The majority of users think that the blue "E" is the Internet. With the release of IE7, which has a dramatically different interface, many ISPs got calls asking "What did you do to my Internet??" Most don't know that an alternative exists, and they don't care. Sure, IE6 and older are plagued with security vulnerabilites, but IE7's security has been good so far. This is particularly true on Vista, with User Access Control and running as a non-privileged process by default. If people insist on using IE and get spyware or other crap on their computer, that's what I call the "stupidity tax"

You think it's unfair/not right that Internet Explorer is bundled with the OS and can't be uninstalled? Well, you mention Konqueror in your last post. Do you use KDE? Let's compare notes then.

IE: Up until version 6, file browsing and web browsing tied together through Explorer
                          Konqueror: Including the current version, and planned for future release, file browsing and web browsing tied together through Konqueror

IE: Bundled with Windows, cannot be uninstalled except through painstaking steps
                          Konqueror: Bundled with KDE, cannot be uninstalled without getting rid of KDE, except through even more painful steps

I see striking similarities. You may argue that nobody forces you to use KDE. Well, nobody forces you to use Windows either.

I cannot understand such a deep hatred for a web browser. If you like Firefox, then great, use it. I do. I never use IE unless it's absolutely necessary for a particular website. But I don't hate it. It's never done anything to me. It has never broken into my apartment and stolen my TV. It has never slapped my girlfriend. To me, it's like a bad restaurant... you eat there once, decide you don't like it, and never return.
                          I'm in ur Dieboldz deletin ur votez

Comment

And as far as your privilege escalation thing... that has nothing to do with Internet Explorer whatsoever, and it doesn't work on the vast majority of systems anyway because unprivileged users cannot schedule tasks.
                            I'm in ur Dieboldz deletin ur votez

Comment

Originally posted by yahurd View Post
                              noone said it has bulletproof, ie has more found on a daily basis than that
                              As far as I'm aware, it used to be found regularly, but it's pretty secure now. I assume you have links of proof of concept for a daily exploiting of IE flaws that you're going to give now?

on a side not the thread is about ie, not firefox, if firefox is worse than ie, what about opera, konqueror, lynx?
                              What about Opera, Konqeror, and Lynx? I think GBM has adequately dealt with the technical side of things there, but the board is built around debate. As it says in the site rules, don't get upset if someone challenges your view. That's the purpose of this site.

try spreadinternetexplorer.com
                              *browsebrowsebored*

the intent of anyone using a browser is clear,
                              Apparently so you can preach about that and nothing else?

In general, I'm not a techie - I know enough to usually keep myself out of trouble, but I'll trust GBM on that front for the in-depth stuff. What I do know is that no system is invulnerable, that the current versions of both IE (both 6 and 7 - I use 6 at home, mostly because I don't like the extra features on 7) and FF are fairly hard to crack, and that the main thing putting me off any change is the messianic attitudes displayed by the zealots for the alternatives. For some, it's ceased to be a browser and become a cult.

Ever thought that you won't change peoples' minds by insulting them?

Rapscallion
                              Reclaiming words is fun!

Comment

Working...
                              X