calling everything a "store"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• calling everything a "store"

I've noticed this ridiculous corporate trend lately to call every damn thing a store, even if it's a bank or a pizza restaurant. God that irritates me. IT's not a "store"! It's a bank, or a pizza restaurant or whatever. I have to deal with it where I work, co workers keep calling the bank branches stores. Ugh.

And while we're at it, can we please shit can the phrase "team members"? We're employees dammit. I refuse to use either term.
    https://www.youtube.com/user/HedgeTV
    Great YouTube channel check it out!

Originally posted by telecom_goddess View Post
    I've noticed this ridiculous corporate trend lately to call every damn thing a store, even if it's a bank or a pizza restaurant. God that irritates me. IT's not a "store"! It's a bank, or a pizza restaurant or whatever. I have to deal with it where I work, co workers keep calling the bank branches stores. Ugh.

And while we're at it, can we please shit can the phrase "team members"? We're employees dammit. I refuse to use either term.
    I asked our company president to change my job title to "Lackey in Charge" he said it wasn't professional. Apparently henchman and minion is also unprofessional.
    Some corporations like to spend money on BS feel good stuff hoping the public and employees won't see through the BS.
    Cry Havoc and let slip the marsupials of war!!!

Comment

Originally posted by telecom_goddess View Post
      I just took a job as a sorting clerk. Apparently the company decided that isn't cool enough so we are "Sortation (a word so archaic, mid 19th century, that everywhere tells me I'm spelling it wrong) Associates"
      Jack Faire
      Friend
      Father
      Smartass

Comment

Originally posted by jackfaire View Post
        I just took a job as a sorting clerk. Apparently the company decided that isn't cool enough so we are "Sortation (a word so archaic, mid 19th century, that everywhere tells me I'm spelling it wrong) Associates"
        Sortation sounds like a Bushism.

Comment

Originally posted by TheHuckster View Post
          Sortation sounds like a Bushism.
          *shrugs* Not familiar with those. It actually applies in this situation it's just Sorting works just as well.
          Jack Faire
          Friend
          Father
          Smartass

Comment

Working...
          X