Puerto Rico vs. Donald Trump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Puerto Rico vs. Donald Trump

So, today Donald Trump has been busy attacking the mayor of San Juan and the people of Puerto Rico for being needy and requiring help after a hurricane wiped out a good chunk of their island.

Despite much evidence that the Federal Government response has been lacking, Trump continues to state he has plenty of people on the ground in PR doing a great job. He's also urging Puerto Ricans to not believe the "Fake News".

How a bunch of people without electricity are supposed to watch any kind of news is not entirely clear.

These are American citizens.

Imagine if he would have said the same thing about Houston after Harvey.

What a scumbag.

Comment

I'm not a Trump fan BUT no matter what he says or does he's grilled for it. Admittedly he deserves a lot of it but it doesn't matter he can do no good, as my FIL says he could crap golden eggs for everyone and most would complain the eggs weren't bigger.
      For Texas it's a lot easier to get help to them and Flor-i-duh.
      As I understand things there are a lot of supplies already there setting on the docks, there's a shortage of trucks, fuel and drivers. He's goona have to send in the Army and Navy/Marines. I'm really surprised there's not a carrier there making water and electricity.
      Cry Havoc and let slip the marsupials of war!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Tanasi View Post
        I'm not a Trump fan BUT no matter what he says or does he's grilled for it.
        Because people don't like or agree with what he's said. Every president for all of time will have people who don't agree with them ideologically. I didn't agree with what Obama said about Gay Marriage when he first took office because at the time his thoughts were different than mine they changed and rather than be "you should have changed them sooner" me and many other people cheered him coming around to our POV.

Most people aren't just trying to be contrary assholes. Most people will like it if what he says agrees with something they agree with. One of the reasons he's getting shit on is he keeps saying things like "X Person says I am doing a great job" cut to footage of person saying "He's doing a shitty job"

At that point it reaches sitcom level ridiculous. It's funny when a sitcom can do cutaways to clearly contradictory facts. It's disturbing when the News can do it and do so with alarming regularity.

I am not picking on Trump or even Politicians on this either. Everyone from celebrities, to pundits, to random people on the street have had cutaways to contradictory information that proves they're flat out lying.

If Trump at any point in his administration does something I agree with I will applaud him for it. So far he hasn't. Nothing he's done will benefit the majority of the people in this country or protect us.

He wants to lay a golden egg I pray that he does.
        Jack Faire
        Friend
        Father
        Smartass

Comment

Originally posted by Lachrymose View Post
          These are American citizens.
          I don't think Trump knows the difference between Puerto Rico and Mexico. I'm surprised he isn't trying to build a wall around the island.

Originally posted by jackfaire View Post
          If Trump at any point in his administration does something I agree with I will applaud him for it.
          After all everything he's said and done, if he did something I agreed, I'd question his motives.
          --- I want the republicans out of my bedroom, the democrats out of my wallet, and both out of my first and second amendment rights. Whether you are part of the anal-retentive overly politically-correct left, or the bible-thumping bellowing right, get out of the thought control business --- Alan Nathan

Comment

Working...
          X