The Clone Saga could have been more interesting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Clone Saga could have been more interesting

I am reading the clone saga from Spider-Man for the first time. I have to say they introduced a concept that makes it so much more interesting. The concept being that Ben Reilly wasn't actually the clone but instead was Peter Parker with a post hypnotic suggestion to "realize" he was the clone.

He walks away from his life from his budding relationship with Mary Jane Watson and everything. Finding out he sacrificed years of his life for nothing is interesting and allows for years of storytelling.

Just me but I think that would be more interesting than status quo.
    Jack Faire
    Friend
    Father
    Smartass

I agree completely, in fact I rather liked Ben Reilly more than Peter Parker.

in fact I stopped reading spider man while that was the status quo, due to lack of money, and was disappointed when I discover they did not mantain it.

Comment

There were so many good ideas in the Clone Saga, all sacrificed on the altar of Editorial Mandates in the interest of maintaining status quo.

And if they'd let the changes stick, One More Day would never have happened, and that means everybody wins.
      "The hero is the person who can act mindfully, out of conscience, when others are all conforming, or who can take the moral high road when others are standing by silently, allowing evil deeds to go unchallenged." — Philip Zimbardo
      TUA Games & Fiction // Ponies

Comment

Working...
      X