Victim blaming vs advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by blas87 View Post
    No evidence to prove, just accusations from a female who wants her ex out of the baby's life for no good reason.
    Then there are those that accuse...for revenge. Several years back, there was a teacher in my dad's school district that had a couple of his female students accuse him of sexual assault. Turns out the allegations came out because he'd failed them because they weren't doing their homework. Even though the charges turned out to be bullshit, they ruined the guy's life. He not only lost his job, but can't get another job. Did anything happen to those girls? They should have been busted for filing a false police report at the very least. No, they got away with it.

Things like that are exactly why many rape and sexual assault cases are so difficult to prove. I'm not saying it happens in *every* case, but it sure doesn't help matters

Comment

It sure is that way.

My coworker's ex probably won't even get charged with filing a false report after his lawyer is able to prove the whole thing was a revenge scheme, but he still lost all of his guns, and has it on his record that he has a PFA on him. SAD.

Comment

Was he able to get his guns placed in secure (as in he can't access them until the case is resolved) storage, or are they gone for good? If the latter, it's effectively theft by the false accuser.

Comment

Gone as in, court ordered to be surrendered.

It's what happens if you have an injunction or a TRO/PFA slapped on you.

Comment

So an accusation is sufficient to result in permanent loss of firearms, even if it is later proven false? Although he'd probably be allowed to buy more after the accusation is proven false, that won't get Great Grandfather's hunting rifle back.

In a sensible world, the surrender of a suspect's firearms would be having them put in official (i.e. under the control of the authorities) storage UNTIL THE CASE IS RESOLVED. Once it's resolved, if the resolution is one which would prohibit the person possessing firearms, they'd be forfeit. If it's one which would allow the person to possess them (i.e. they're acquitted), the stored firearms would be returned.

Comment

But that would make sense.
              "My in-laws are country people and at night you can hear their distinctive howl."

Comment

Originally posted by BlaqueKatt View Post
                predators plying women with alcohol*, and colleges saying "it's your word against his so we WON'T do ANYTHING"
                Small update: there's a decent Wikipedia article on that particular story:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A_Rape_on_Campus
                "You are who you are on your worst day, Durkon. Anything less is a comforting lie you tell yourself to numb the pain." - Evil
                "You're trying to be Lawful Good. People forget how crucial it is to keep trying, even if they screw it up now and then." - Good

Comment

Reading this article here:

http://www.thirdbasepolitics.com/obe...rting-racists/

reminded me of our discussion in this thread.

When did it become okay to try and silence someone, just because they represent a differing opinion?
                  "You are who you are on your worst day, Durkon. Anything less is a comforting lie you tell yourself to numb the pain." - Evil
                  "You're trying to be Lawful Good. People forget how crucial it is to keep trying, even if they screw it up now and then." - Good

Comment

What is it with these SJW feminists lately? Just yesterday, I read this. A man in Canada might get 6 months in jail for "stalking" this woman on twitter. This guy used to be a friend of hers, but because he had a disagreement, she blocked him and then sued because she felt her life was in danger. When asked to give actual examples of how she was threatened, she responded,

There’s no perfect victim, Mr. Murphy, and no perfect way to respond to being stalked. Sometimes you have to fight back a little bit…. I’m sorry if I wasn’t a perfect victim — Stephanie Guthrie at trial
                    Did she seriously imply that wanting actual proof of threats on her life is victim blaming?

She's also a massive hypocrite because she sicked the internet on some other guy with the intent of warning employers not to hire him (I won't defend the "punch Anita Sarkeesian Game", but come on). This was the disagreement that ended her friendship with the defendant in this case.

The latest with Christina Hoff Sommers has attracted the same SJW assholery. They make extreme statements and then act as if anyone who even slightly disagrees are with their oppressors.

Comment

Working...
                    X