No announcement yet.

Overplayed songs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A few years ago I was working at the blue liquor place and they had the usual xmas music on. It drove me nearly mad, listening to Mariah Carey doing "O Holy Night" for what seemed like several thousand times a shift.

I know CS doesn't advocate violence, but I very nearly committed serious assault on a speaker system.

Comment

Originally posted by blas87 View Post
      What irritates the poo out of me is the fact that most radio stations here who play popular music....seem to pick the same 10 songs or so, and they ONLY play them over and over and over and over and over all damn day.
      If all you listen to is the "classic" rock station here in Washington DC you would think:

Heart's sole songs are CRAZY ON YOU, MAGIC MAN and BARRACUDA.

Foreigner's sole songs are JUKE BOX HERO, FEELS LIKE THE FIRST TIME and HOT BLOODED.

And so on...

The station hosted a Journey/Steve Miller concert earlier this year and so overplayed both of them I wanted to beat my head against a wall! I swear I've heard more Journey _now_ than I did back in the freakin' 80's!

Comment

My day isn't complete if I haven't heard "Crazy Train" by Ozzy on THE radio station I can get in clearly at work.

9 long years now with barely a missed day...

Comment

"All About That Bass"

God what an irritating song. What's sad is that I probably would have found the song okay if it weren't for that god awful chorus.

Comment

Originally posted by Rageaholic View Post
            "All About That Bass"
            It's at least somewhat of a relief from Anaconda.

Not that it's saying that much.

Comment

I must agree.

That was even my "feel good" song about all the weight I put on, but that song just drives me up the damn wall nowadays.

Comment

Has anyone mentioned Let It Go yet? It's so overplayed, I don't care HOW good you are at it, I want it to GO AWAY.

Comment

Originally posted by Tama View Post
                  Has anyone mentioned Let It Go yet? It's so overplayed, I don't care HOW good you are at it, I want it to GO AWAY.
                  Yes yes a thousand times YES!

God I'm so sick of it. I haven't even heard it but the threat of it being played has become a meme and it just needs to go away, the sooner the better.

Comment

Considering I've never encountered the song without expressly playing it, I'm not sure how you can consider it overplayed.

Overrepresented, perhaps. And the meme is all about people getting in an uproar over it, so you being upset at the meme is just feeding the meme. Welcome to the Internet.
                    Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

It's been playing on top-40 radio quite a bit. It was on their rotations around here until March or so, and then it made a comeback once it started getting cold again.

IIRC it's the first Disney song that really made it to top-40 since "Can you Feel the Love Tonight."

Comment

Originally posted by Andara Bledin View Post
                        Overrepresented, perhaps. And the meme is all about people getting in an uproar over it, so you being upset at the meme is just feeding the meme. Welcome to the Internet.
                        You misunderstand. I'm smarter than that. I don't publicly bitch about it (apart from my previous post. I just go some place else. "You say "Welcome to the Internet" I reply "Thank you and I already know how to avoid the potholes."

Comment

lol ironically, I haven't heard let it go played much at all. Maybe twice.

One I was tempted to add to the list was Taylor Swift's "Shake It Off". I just find the song so hilariously awful that I can't hate it (Taylor Swift rapping? Come on).

Comment

I might have to add some Christmas songs to the list. Right now, any song that celebrates the cold weather (winter wonderland) can piss off.

Comment

You can try Nostalgia Critic's I F***ing Love Christmas...

Comment

Forgive me if this is considered necromancy . . .

But I'd like to add "Counting Stars", "All of Me", and "Shut Up and Dance" to this list.

Not only do they get played every day at work, at around the same exact time each day, but they're played on the only station we can pick up with the pharmacy stereo at least twice a day, too. Turn on FM radio in my truck? There, too. ENOUGH! Been losing , been losing sleep, One Republic? I'll make you lose sleep, you little shits. I'll make sure you never sleep again
                                A.K.A. ShinyGreenApple

Comment

Working...
                                X