The movie Frozen promotes homosexuality

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NorthernZel View Post
    Either that, or they just went: "native Nordic tribe? Must be Eskimos then" (which is even more racist if you ask the tribes concerned).
    Especially since "Eskimo" is a North American non-arctic aboriginal word meaning "eaters of raw meat", and is considered offensive by the Inuit (North American arctic aboriginal name for themselves, meaning "the people").

Comment

I like how, in the original blog, changing just a few words would frequently turn it into a very positive discussion of acceptance. It's almost funny how blind she is to that.

The process of normalizing welcoming homosexual behavior homosexuality in society is going to require more than the liberal media saying it is so - which they do all the time - or activist judges legalizing same-sex marriage in one state after another. It's going to require the indoctrination education of our children, in order to lead their generation to the next, necessary, level of mainstream social acceptance.
      It's like she's pushing the wretched sins of love and acceptance there without even realizing it.
      "The hero is the person who can act mindfully, out of conscience, when others are all conforming, or who can take the moral high road when others are standing by silently, allowing evil deeds to go unchallenged." — Philip Zimbardo
      TUA Games & Fiction // Ponies

Comment

Oh yeah. I remember reading this piece just out of morbid curiosity. These are the kind of people the rest of us don't like to hang around. I did find it hilarious that quite a few other LDS in the comments section told her she was full of crap. My reaction was shut up and let me enjoy my Disney. And stop making the rest of us look bad.

I certainly didn't get the so-called "gay agenda" from the film. Sure you can read it that way if you want, but the beauty of it is it's open to several interpretations. I read it as people who are different need to be loved, not feared. Also, don't be mean to the weird kid because they might have ice powers and plunge the world into an eternal winter. I'm sick of winter.

Comment

I've watched the movie 3 times since yesterday, when my granddaughter was given it for an Easter gift, and I must really be missing something.

I did see a lot of great examples of selfless love throughout the movie., which I thought was supposed to be at the root of Christianity.
          - Elsa cutting herself off from her beloved little sister to protect her from harm due to the danger of her powers
          - Anna risking her life to find her sister
          - Kristoff taking Anna to Hans to be saved, despite the fact that he, himself, loved her
          - Olaf, who was made of snow, building a fire to keep Ana warm and dragging her over to it despite the danger to himself
          - Kristoff risking his life to save Anna when he saw the cloud of ice above the town
          - Anna throwing herself in front of the sword to save her sister

I guess it's easier to make up hidden meanings and think negative than it is to highlight the positive themes that are actually there.
          Point to Ponder:

Is it considered irony when someone on an internet forum makes a post that can be considered to look like it was written by a 3rd grade dropout, and they are poking fun of the fact that another person couldn't spell?

Comment

Originally posted by Ree View Post
            \
            I did see a lot of great examples of selfless love throughout the movie., which I thought was supposed to be at the root of Christianity.
            - Elsa cutting herself off from her beloved little sister to protect her from harm due to the danger of her powers
            - Kristoff taking Anna to Hans to be saved, despite the fact that he, himself, loved her
            - Olaf, who was made of snow, building a fire to keep Ana warm and dragging her over to it despite the danger to himself
            - Kristoff risking his life to save Anna when he saw the cloud of ice above the town
            - Anna throwing herself in front of the sword to save her sister.

I guess it's easier to make up hidden meanings and think negative than it is to highlight the positive themes that are actually there.
            I can add another to that, which throws in the example of charity:

-Kristoff. Helping Anna, even though there was the offer of a new sled in the bundle, he was willing to genuinely help her out and make sure that she got there OK and then back OK.

Comment

Originally posted by Ree View Post
              I've watched the movie 3 times since yesterday, when my granddaughter was given it for an Easter gift, and I must really be missing something.

- Anna throwing herself in front of the sword to save her sister

I went to my girlfriend's non-denominational mega-church for Easter service and I have to admit that I was shocked when the Pastor started citing these same examples of Christian themes within the movie.
              Some People Are Alive Only Because It's Illegal To Kill Them.

Comment

Let me be very clear about one thing, I am not anti-gay nor am I here to judge homosexuals not worthy of their rightful and respectful place among society. However, I draw the line at the idea of redefining traditional marriage to include homosexual relationships, as equal.
                I'm not anti-gay, but they shouldn't have the same rights as me.

Meaning, that as a Christian, I believe that acting on same-sex attraction is contrary to God's will, and therefore SSM should not be legalized.
                Because the laws in the United States should be based on my personal religious beliefs.

Because I hold this value and voice it freely, does not mean that I am trying to force it on anyone -
                except by force of law preventing people from forming legal relationships that do not in any way personally affect me.

anymore than those who feel opposite and advocate for their position intend to force SSM on me, personally -
                because if SSM is legal I will have to divorce my husband and marry a woman.

both have the right [to freely advocate an oppositional position]
                yes, yes you do.

and should not be demonized,
                and so does everyone else.
                I'm liberal on some issues and conservative on others. For example, I would not burn a flag, but neither would I put one out. -Garry Shandling

You can't believe in something you don't. -Ricky Gervais

Comment

What amuses me is the focus on homosexual "themes" (that don't exist) in the movie, while ignoring the demonically animated snowman.
                  Good news! Your insurance company says they'll cover you. Unfortunately, they also say it will be with dirt.

Comment

Originally posted by Panacea View Post
                    What amuses me is the focus on homosexual "themes" (that don't exist) in the movie, while ignoring the demonically animated snowman.
                    Rule of Disney and suspension of disbelief.

If you want to use an "incredibly stretched out tenuous connection at best" link, look at Emperor's New Groove and the scene of Kuzco rejecting a lot of brides at the beginning. No straight man would reject a woman outright!

(yes, I know it's a stupid argument. Just like the frozen ones)

Comment

Originally posted by fireheart17 View Post

If you want to use an "incredibly stretched out tenuous connection at best" link, look at Emperor's New Groove and the scene of Kuzco rejecting a lot of brides at the beginning. No straight man would reject a woman outright!
                      Wait, Kuzco was gay
                      Yes, that means that I have a chance of scoring myself a rather good looking and rather rich emperor
                      "I'm Gar and I'm proud" -slytovhand

Comment

Originally posted by smileyeagle1021 View Post
                        Wait, Kuzco was gay
                        Yes, that means that I have a chance of scoring myself a rather good looking and rather rich emperor
                        I was using the movie as an example of strawman logic . In the TV series, he does actually show feelings for a girl...

Comment

Since Samis are an indiginous people they must look like American Indians. -le sigh-

Comment

Working...
                          X