People who can't pronouce simple abbreviations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gravekeeper View Post
    Oh, jumpin' Jesus, someone lives them in the Maritimes 'ey do.
    'nother Maritimer here, from the Freddy Beach area (Fredericton, NB).

We have 2 big manglings in my area.

Rusagonis which is pronounced Rue-r-sha-gorn-ish. (a very quick barely pronounced r between Rue and sha)

and

Maugerville, which is "Major-ville"

Hearing the GPS voice try to handle some of the native names can be fun too. Like "Miramachi". Text to Speech does it "Meer-a-mee-chee", when it's "Meer-ah-mah-shee"

Comment

How about Mowgli from the Jungle Book?

We pronounce his name as Mow (as in mow the lawn)-gli (as in glee); however it's supposed to sound like this:

M-ow (as in "OW, MY FOOT! $#!@$*@#!!!!! OWWWWW!!!!!!")-gli (still as in glee)

How about that?

cindybubbles

Comment

Meme is another example of "well no one told me how to say it so I will say it how I damn well like" apparently pronounced like mean but with an M, when I first saw the word in association with All Your Base, I thought it was net speak for Me Too and I called them Me Me's.

Lets say the conversation or thought process went thus
        I made a photoshop with AYBABTU
        So did I
        Meme
        So even with goggle and wiki stating I am wrong, I will always say Me Me if I say it out loud, as I like my definition better (TotalBuscuit calls them May May's intentionally as well as Anime Ani-moo (normally followed by the word bullshit) jimmies are russled job is done).

Comment

Working...
        X