No announcement yet.

The Doonesbury "Say What?" thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Oh yeah, but what about the contraceptive pill, huh? You swallow that and it ends up in the uterus! Q.E.D.!"

Comment

• Once again Is this the BEST the Republican can do????

From Scott Walker's (Governor of Wisconsin and US Presidential hopeful) Q&A session at CPAC concerning ISIS"

"concerned about the threat” posed by ISIS and other terrorist groups, saying he wants a commander-in-chief who will “do everything in their power to ensure the threat from radical Islamic terrorists does not was up on American soil," adding the country needs a “leader" with "confidence.”

“If I can take on 100,000 protesters, I can do the same across the world,” said Walker, wearing his sleeves rolled up, referring to his high-profile face-off with public-employee unions. "

This absolute NUTCASE is comparing ISIS to his (and his Republican buddies) union busting activities in the state of Wisconsin

The Democratic response
      \"DNC Communications Director Mo Elleithee saying in a statement, "If Scott Walker thinks that it's appropriate to compare working people speaking up for their rights to brutal terrorists, then he is even less qualified to be president than I thought. Maybe he should go back to punting.”
      I'm lost without a paddle and I'm headed up sh*t creek.

I got one foot on a banana peel and the other in the Twilight Zone.
      The Fools - Life Sucks Then You Die

Comment

• "Because we keep hearing that 2014 has been the warmest year on record, I ask the chair, 'You know what this is?'"
        -- Sen. Jim Inhofe, author of The Greatest Hoax, throwing a snowball on the floor of the Senate

"This was the sixth warmest December-January period on record and the warmest since 2012...Most of the contiguous U.S. was warmer than average for the two-month period...No state had December-January temperatures that were below the 20th century average."
        -- National Climatic Data Center

Ladies and gentlemen, this is why scientific communities require you PROVE your argument.

Comment

• "If I can take on a hundred thousand protesters, I can do the same across the world."

Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker, on ISIS

Can we send him over there without equipment and support? PLEASE? He really seems to want to go.

(and yeah, I know it was already put up, still doing it because it's on the page)

Comment

• "I would like to think that these guys could pay with their lives, hanging from a noose in front of the U.S. Capitol building. Because what they are doing is they are putting their own interests above that of America. And to me, that is criminal...And guess what? Most of those members who are opting out of attending the speech are members of the Congressional Black Caucus."
            —Tea Party radio host Andrea Shea King, on those planning to boycott Benjamin Netanyahu's speech

Just had to throw that little racist bit in your "anti-america" tirade, huh?

Comment

• "Did you see Nancy Pelosi on the floor [during Netanyahu's speech]? Complete disgust. If you can get through all the surgeries, there's disgust."
              —Sen. Lindsay Graham

And disgust is what I'm feeling over this comment.

Comment

• "A lot of people go into prison straight, and when they come out, they're gay."
                —GOP presidential hopeful Dr. Ben Carson

You know the old joke "where did you get your degree, a cracker jack box?" In his case, I don't think it's a joke.

Comment

• "I simply have decided, that I’m not going to really talk about that issue anymore because every time I’m gaining momentum, the liberal press says ‘let’s talk about gay rights.’ And I’m just not going to fall for that anymore."
                  —GOP presidential hopeful Dr. Ben Carson

It's the "liberal media's" fault they played back what I said.
                  Every time they get criticized for saying something stupid and offensive, they blame the "liberal media."
                  Good luck avoiding that issue.
                  Corey Taylor is correct. Man is a "four letter word."

Comment

• "God is still up there, and He promised to maintain the seasons and that cold and heat would never cease as long as the earth remains...The arrogance of people to think that we, human beings, would be able to change what He is doing in the climate is to me outrageous."
                    —Sen. Jim Inhofe, chairman of the Environment and Public Works Committee

And this is supposed to be the environmentally inclined representative? Yup, your country is hosed.

Comment

• I'm more worried that this kind of person could cause the entire world to be hosed, actually.

Comment

• "You can have every email i've ever sent. I've never sent one."

Sen. Lindsay Graham

Sadly for politicians ignorance is a defense.

Comment

• "The press is waiting breathlessly...for Republicans to blow it. An intemperate remark from Congressman Jackass would fit the bill perfectly. Don't be the squirrel. Don't give them a shiny object. Don't give them an excuse to turn this into 'Krazee Republicans Sure Hate Hillary Because She's a Woman.'...She's blowing this; let's help...Don't make this all about Benghazi...I encourage you to use the smarmy D.C. construction of 'I just want to work in a bipartisan way for good, transparent government and to protect national security secrets from the Chinese, Russians, and other threats."

GOP message and media strategist Rick Wilson, offering advice re Clinton email story

Eh, this is plotiking SOP. I fully expect it to be ignored though.

Comment

• "Popular culture becomes a cesspool, a lot of corporations profit off of it, and then people are surprised that some drunk 19-year-old kids repeat what they've been hearing."

Bill Kristol, blaming the SAE chant on hip-hop

I would say something regarding the political affiliation but the truth is I've been hearing the same arguments from extremists on both ends.

Comment

• "Decision-making power over the reincarnation of the Dalai Lama, and over the end or survival of this lineage, resides in the central government of China."

statement by government officials

I know the Chinese government is big on the "more power than God" thing but this is a bit over the top.

Comment

• "The first million decimal places of Pi are comprised of:
                                99,959 0's
                                99,758 1's
                                100,026 2's
                                100,229 3's
                                100,230 4's
                                100,359 5's
                                99,548 6's
                                99,800 7's
                                99,985 8's
                                100,106 9's"

David Blatner, The Joy of Pi

I would say he has too much time on his hands but I'm not one to talk.

Comment

Working...
                                X