Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

People who don't use their TURN SIGNALS!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• People who don't use their TURN SIGNALS!!

Seriously, folks, it takes TWO seconds to flick the thing when you change lanes or turn. Try to be courteous instead of causing me to wonder why are you are randomly slowing down at a GREEN light.

It's especially troubling when one is a pedestrian. XÞ
    "I take it your health insurance doesn't cover acts of pussy."

Comment

I've known people who refuse to use their turn signals..

... because then other drivers will know what they're planning to do

>_<
      Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

I... What? Did they... Why would they not want to do that?

Edit: I mean I joke about the idea that I don't sometimes, but that's because I have really good darkvision and so it takes me a while to remember to turn the ligths on if it's evening but not night, which is why I tell myself "This is not a stealth game."

But I didn't know people thought it actually was.
        Last edited by Hyena Dandy; 02-27-2015, 01:02 PM.
        "Nam castum esse decet pium poetam
        ipsum, versiculos nihil necessest"

Comment

Originally posted by Andara Bledin View Post
          I've known people who refuse to use their turn signals..

... because then other drivers will know what they're planning to do
          Wait, do you know a lot of bank robbing getaway drivers?

Because that's the only context in which this statement makes sense.

Comment

Don't ask me why they think like that, because I very much don't get it. But that's what I've been told by more than one person I won't ride with.
            Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

you are f*cking supposed to let other drivers know whta you're going to do, it's to avoid accidents. those dumbasses are going to cause an accident someday.

Comment

Don't ask me why they think like that, because I very much don't get it. But that's what I've been told by more than one person I won't ride with.

More than one person thinks this way?

Comment

What's worse than people who don't use their indicators? People who use the wrong fucking one! In other words, signalling that they are turning left, and then cutting across the poor driver behind them! This stupid bitch did this to me once back when I was riding my motorbike. I turned the air blue with my cursing as I slammed on my brakes, and simultaneously blessed the person behind me for having sharp reflexes and not rear ending me. People who don't know their left from their right shouldn't be driving.
                  "Oh wow, I can't believe how stupid I used to be and you still are."

Comment

Originally posted by Lace Neil Singer View Post
                    People who don't know their left from their right shouldn't be driving.
                    I struggle to remember my left and right. 11 years of dance as a kid and it stills takes me a second or two to remember.

But I still use the correct indicators when I drive. I just think drivers side, passengers side. It's not that difficult.

The only time I have a problem is when I'm in a car with the indicators and the windscreen wipers on the opposite sides. That really messes with my brain.

Comment

the thing is you don't need to know your left from your right to signal properly you just need to have the blinky light on the same side you are going.

Comment

I will preface this by saying that I do still use my signals, but was almost tempted not to after this incident:

Coming home from work, I need to get from the right lane to the left lane to make a left turn. Since I know sometimes it can take a little while to find a gap, I try to do it a about a mile or two before the turn. Coming home from work one day, I put my turn signal on to signal I wanted to change lanes. The car behind me in the other lane speed up to my speed, and no matter if I speed up or slowed down, kept up with me, and kept looking over, and then right after I passed my turned looked at me again and started laughing.

Thankfully this has only happened once, but I do worry about it happening again.

Comment

The ratio of assholes to idiots means that you will encounter very few who will use your signals against you and many, many who will only realize you're there because of the blinking light thus avoiding an accident.

Comment

I can understand forgetting, people forget things. But actually INTENTIONALLY not doing it? Like if you made an honest mistake, then you need to work on that, but you're intentionally not doing it as a point?

People who don't know their left from their right shouldn't be driving.
                            I honestly have a lot of trouble with that still. I need to check which hand has a birthmark. You don't need to know left from right to drive, though. I drive on the 'Passengers near the sidewalk' side of the street and use my 'up' and 'down' turn signals depending on which way the wheel would have hit it if they intersected.
                            "Nam castum esse decet pium poetam
                            ipsum, versiculos nihil necessest"

Comment

Left from right might be confusing, if you're thinking about it that way, because you move the stick up and down. But if you don't think, and instead just move it like the steering wheel goes, it's pretty hard to get mixed up.

I can sort of sympathize with the "don't let them know what you're going to do" angle, though, in one circumstance, which happens at least once every time I drive through Atlanta (and almost never anywhere else) unless traffic is unusually light. I want to move over to the next lane. There's a gap immediately beside me, and the next car in that lane is far enough back and traveling at the same speed I am. The instant I put on the signal, they hit the gas and close the gap. Why do people do that?
                              "My in-laws are country people and at night you can hear their distinctive howl."

Comment

Working...
                              X