Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The pro lifers who say “just give it up for adoption” for everything....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The pro lifers who say “just give it up for adoption” for everything....

I respect someone’s viewpoint if they are pro-life, but when they start with that “just give it up for adoption” for every…. single…. situation that’s when they lose me. For starters, they do know that women still die in childbirth, right? There are situations where it would be bad for the woman to carry a pregnancy to term….

1. A woman is in a relationship with a man who she thinks is a nice person but turns out it was all a front and he ends up being an abusive cretin. She has sex with him *only* because she knows refusing it would make him more abusive. He uses protection but unbeknownst to her, he is poking holes in his condoms. She makes plans to finally leave his ass when the tampered condom gets her pregnant. She knows being tied down to him via a child could result in her death one day. Her state requires both parents to consent to an adoption and she knows he would refuse just to spite her. Should she be forced to carry that pregnancy to term?

2. A 16 year old girl gets a little too frisky with her boyfriend and gets pregnant. Her doctor tells her the bad news: In a best case scenario her body is not fully developed yet and having this child would render her unable to have children in the future, worst case she gives birth and dies from excessive bleeding and recommends an abortion. Should she be forced to carry that pregnancy to term?

3. Remember that family friend I told you about in my CPS corruption thread? One thing I didn’t mention – because it wasn’t really relevant to the story at the time – was during the CPS-ordered separation of herself and her husband, she met up with him in hotels in the dead of night in secret. That’s because she was not going to let a scummy alphabet agency prevent her from seeing the person why was married to. One of those encounters got her pregnant. Even if she was willing to give it up for adoption, she knew that if CPS insisted on a DNA test on the resulting baby and it matched her husband, they surely would have taken it as well as her daughter again, this time possibly for good. So she quietly had an abortion. Should she have been forced to carry that pregnancy to term?

4. A young woman in her very early twenties, like anyone in a healthy relationship has sex with her boyfriend. She, like most sensible people want to be able to have sex purely for pleasure without the risk of pregnancy. She takes all the precautions and so does her partner to avoid just that. However, as nothing is 100% she ends up getting pregnant. She knows she is not ready for motherhood and knows that at this point she would not be able to provide a good life for the child who might result in it being taken away from her and put into foster care. She doesn’t want to give it up for adoption as she is scarred about dying in childbirth. Should she have been forced to carry that pregnancy to term?*

5. A married couple looking forward to their 1st child received the news that the fetus tested positive for downs syndrome. They research what down syndrome entails and decide that’s not the quality of life they would want to subject another human through. Plus they don’t think they are emotionally or financially ready to handle a child with special needs. They also don’t want to give it up for adoption because, well…. With all the healthy babies available who would take one with downs syndrome?** Poor kid would sit in an orphanage forever! Should she be forced to carry that pregnancy to term?

6. Now for those that don’t know, Oklahoma is trying to pass a bill that would place an automatic homicide charge on a woman who gets an abortion done with no exceptions. Let’s say that bill passes with a provision that criminalizes crossing state lines to get one (Hypothetical, but I wouldn’t put it past them). A woman in Oklahoma is raped at a party. She gets pregnant. She cannot afford to travel to a state that would let her have one and thanks to her state’s new law if she did travel she would be arrested. She has no choice but to carry to term and give it up for adoption. During the childbirth complications arise and she dies.*** Tell me…. How is this being pro-life?

*Before anyone says, “When you have sex you risk pregnancy so if you can’t handle it don’t do it,” please remember that sex is a normal part of any healthy relationship. Without it, you’re just a roommate. You really shouldn’t be telling people in a healthy relationship not to have sex. To make a car analogy, despite having insurance I cannot afford to get into an accident that might cause me to be out of work for extended period of time. Should I not drive? How am I supposed to get to work or places I want to go to?

**Yes, I know that there are “down syndrome adoption networks.” But to make another car analogy, that’s like a car dealership that specializes in vehicles with rebuild or salvage titles. You may think you’re doing a good deed by buying a car that others overlooked, but right away you know there are problems and who knows what headaches you’re in for down the road. In short, you’re better off buying a car from a regular dealership with a clean title.

***That actually raises a good question. No car analogies this time. Let’s say that scenario happens. A rape pregnancy is considered an injury caused by the attack. If a woman dies in childbirth because her state made it illegal to abort the rape spawn, can her attacker face murder charges? After all, her attack led to her death.
    Last edited by HEMI6point1; 01-27-2019, 05:18 AM.
    AKA sld72382 on customerssuck.

I'm pro-choice, but approve of a time limit for abortions (with an exception for complications threatening the mother's life or health).

My sister-in-law is a doctor at an OB/GYN station in a hospital, and from the way she describes it, performing an abortion at a later stage of pregnancy can put a huge strain on the people performing it - because at that point, it actually looks like a child and could already be viable outside of the mother's body.

But to categorically deny abortions is the wrong way, IMO. Yes, there may be legitimate reasons for aborting a child. No, carrying to term and giving up for adoption is not always a solution.
    "You are who you are on your worst day, Durkon. Anything less is a comforting lie you tell yourself to numb the pain." - Evil
    "You're trying to be Lawful Good. People forget how crucial it is to keep trying, even if they screw it up now and then." - Good

Comment

Found this today via a friend on FB: https://www.scarymommy.com/late-term...LerlHzOgvWl4Hw

Glad an actual healthcare professional is speaking up about this. I'll repeat: NY is *only* legalizing late term abortion if the fetus develops something that will make it non-viable or if the mother's life is in danger.

The following post by her is something that really made me angry:

"I know of one case after 24 weeks where there were no fetal anomalies. It took months to get the court order as the child’s parents would not consent. It was in the news, so not a HIPAA violation. She had raped by her brother if I remember correctly."

What kind of heartless cruel parents would refuse to consent to an abortion due to those circumstances?! Bet they call themselves "god fearing" and go to church on Sundays....
      AKA sld72382 on customerssuck.

Comment

One might presume that of the parents. But without any kind of further information on the case, that would be pure speculation.
        "You are who you are on your worst day, Durkon. Anything less is a comforting lie you tell yourself to numb the pain." - Evil
        "You're trying to be Lawful Good. People forget how crucial it is to keep trying, even if they screw it up now and then." - Good

Comment

Working...
        X