Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HAVING to find and argument when we actually agree...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HAVING to find and argument when we actually agree...

Seriously, I immediately dislike anyone who does this.

Case in point;

Someone posted something about the whole Bill Cosby scandal. I was discussing it with them, and then made the comment, "However, in terms of dealing with general rape accusations, I feel as a culture, we should be supporting the victim while not immediately attacking the accused."

This other guy comes in and goes on and on about how "Well false rape accusations are less than 10% <blah blah blah> so we should ere on the side of the victim." All of this was directly aimed at me.

My response, "I don't understand why you decided to make that point. You can 'ere on the side of the victim' while not simultaneously lashing out at the accused. That's the problem I feel we have as a culture actually, is that right now, we have camps that attack both the victim AND the accused. We need to stop doing that, and give support to the victim and just let the administrative bodies deal with the accused."

Seriously. I don't know why he started to argue with me. I just said that last piece and then left because I didn't feel like arguing with a guy who pretty much just said "We should totally lash out at the accused" because he gave that impression by arguing against my point.

That's probably not what he meant, but really... DON'T ARGUE SOME MINOR DETAIL WITH SOMEONE YOU AGREE WITH.

Thank you.

I think some people are always out to either be devil's advocate, deliberately obtuse, or just itching to start something with people.

Comment

Working...
    X