No announcement yet.

Myself

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is true, and the reason I was convinced to take meds in the first place is due to somebody explaining it to me that way, that it's the same as any other disease. I probably could've started getting better a lot sooner had I not been so stubborn.

Comment

Originally posted by Jaden View Post
      Yeah. I just need to figure out how to get my life back together and stop feeling so alone. The meds kind of help...but in the back of my mind, I know it's just covering up my issues instead of solving them. They make me functional, but they don't make me healthy, if that makes sense.
      The meds might be useful long term or may just be having a bandaid effect. But sometimes the bandaid effect is exactly what you need to be able to see clear enough to work on fixing the problems. Either way it is a help.

Originally posted by Jaden View Post
      I do have a few friends I hang out with on the weekends, but it's nothing close or strong.
      Like Mytical, I too am a quality over quantity person. There are times though when something is better than nothing. Hanging out with your weekend group of friends is better for you than just staying home alone. Sometimes you need a temporary middle ground and those middle grounds sometimes take some struggle. I went through a time period of thinking I was very unattractive and full of self doubt. After a while I decided I was tired of feeling like that, I would announce to myself that I was beautiful or hot or even cute. It felt silly and odd and ridiculous at first. I kept doing it thought. After a while, I would at least believe myself that in theory I might be or that sometimes. After a while of that I started to actually believe myself. The times when I think I don't look attractive are not as often and usually because of factors like looking like I've had no sleep or things like that. It may not be the same issue but the idea behind it carries over.

I've also found that finding ways to be productive can be helpful, especially if I'm feeling lonely or down. It may not be as good as being able to hang out with close friends, but it still gives me something I can be proud of and makes me more cheerful about things. As far as hobbies, maybe start looking around. Go look in the hobby books in the library or even online. See if maybe something you hadn't thought of before stands out. Not only can finding things like that give you the productive feeling but then you have the hobby and it can lead to finding ways to meet people. Plus, at least for me, having something like a hobby to make conversation about makes it a lot easier to think of things to say when talking to someone I'd feel shy about.

Comment

EDIT: Hey drunk Jaden, maybe you don't want to go posting things where sober Jaden spends his time? =/ kthxbai
        Last edited by Jaden; 03-31-2012, 04:06 PM.

Comment

Working...
        X