Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Man, 69, applies to legally change age because he ‘identifies as 20 years younger’

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Funny how you all blast me, and ask how it affects me, but none of you have yet to say how any of this actually affects you, except for "It makes me feel good!"

Comment

Originally posted by mjr View Post
      Funny how you all blast me, and ask how it affects me, but none of you have yet to say how any of this actually affects you, except for "It makes me feel good!"
      What's wrong with doing what makes you feel good, if it's not hurting anyone else?
      --- I want the republicans out of my bedroom, the democrats out of my wallet, and both out of my first and second amendment rights. Whether you are part of the anal-retentive overly politically-correct left, or the bible-thumping bellowing right, get out of the thought control business --- Alan Nathan

Comment

That... has actually been my point, I think, two pages ago? It literally does not affect me, so why should I be bothered?

Whether someone is homo- or heterosexual, identifies as man or woman, or wants to dress up as a horse and be fed from a trough - none of this affects me. It does not make my life any better or worse, so why should I butt into someone else's business?

The point isn't to "feel good", although Mad Mike is right that there's nothing wrong with that. No, the point is to show respect to someone else's way of living, and not judge them based on something that does no harm to anyone else.
        "You are who you are on your worst day, Durkon. Anything less is a comforting lie you tell yourself to numb the pain." - Evil
        "You're trying to be Lawful Good. People forget how crucial it is to keep trying, even if they screw it up now and then." - Good

Comment

Funny how you all blast me...
          Oh I think you're giving everyone a lot of ammunition to blast you with.

I also think you enjoy the attention
          Customer: I need an Apache.
          Gravekeeper: The Tribe or the Gunship?

Comment

Interesting article: apparently, some feminists agree with mjr on the whole "biology" thing:

"I got kicked off of the Baltimore mayor's LGBTQ commission — as the only lesbian — simply for stating biological facts," Beck said. "I was found guilty of 'violence.' My crime? Using male pronouns to talk about a convicted male rapist who identifies as transgender and prefers female pronouns."
            "You are who you are on your worst day, Durkon. Anything less is a comforting lie you tell yourself to numb the pain." - Evil
            "You're trying to be Lawful Good. People forget how crucial it is to keep trying, even if they screw it up now and then." - Good

Comment

So first, question the source Canarr -

https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/pj-media/

This is essentially a conservative repackaging of TERF ideology (Trans Exclusive Radical Feminism).

https://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Trans-...dical_feminism

On the left they've been known about for a while. So the disagreement has always been on the left, but also basically on the same side that was into "lesbianism as the only way to equality" etc. We're talking extremely fringey.

That's not to say I don't understand their argument - its just a bad argument. I agree there may be some people who choose to identify as "trans" after the fact that may not be on the up and up, but believing a group of Lesbian women that choose to speak at the Heritage Foundation of all places (they're really known for the LGB activism, right?) is giving the forum to someone that really has lost their ethos to even be talking on an issue.

They're there because they were kicked out of LGBT communities for attacking trangender people one too many times. The argument itself, that transgender advocacy is actually male rights doesn't even make logical sense given their paradigm sees male rights as far and above what women enjoy - that is, a transgender woman makes no logical sense.... it courts a degredation of status.

Most of these women got kicked out because as new voices came in, they were challenged by them and acted like such territorial assholes they got a rational wiki article named after them. And because these were leaders, depending on advocacy fundraisers for jobs, losing social status meant they had to find a new audience. Heritage has always paid well.

Comment

Haven't seen that factchecking website before; thanks for the tip.

TERFs, however, I know. They're not very active in Germany, but there were a few instances in the UK that made headlines last year when they clashed with Trans activists. I know they're the fringiest of the fringe, but I'm still enough of an optimist to hope that religious conservatives who oppose Trans people on spiritual-biological reasons are also only a fringe.

My post was mostly caused by my amusement that two extreme groups that generally want nothing to do with each other can still agree when it comes to picking on someone else. Didn't go much deeper than that, I'm afraid.

Comment

Working...
                X