I am not every other employee

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am not every other employee

My boss knows me personally. He's worked with me personally. He was the one pushing for me to accept my work schedule because I am one of if not the most reliable employee he has.

I have been working there since November. My first week we were open I was sick and I still showed up to work. When people bailed I covered their shifts. I requested one day off at short notice because my carpool wasn't going to be available that day. So I am there most of the time and I work hard.

Yesterday the pain in my foot, that's been going on for three weeks, reached a point where I decided I needed to go see a doctor. I did what we are supposed to do I found a co-worker willing to take my shift and I approached my boss.

He then proceeded to give me a lecture about how "you guys need to be able to work to the schedule you need to not be needing to swap schedules around"

Here's the thing it drives me nuts when I ask to do something ONCE and then I get lectured as if I do it all of the time. He even acknowledged that he was honoring my request because I never make these kinds of requests.

I hate being treated like my rare request is something I do all of the time. I don't like getting lectures for things I don't do.

This is also the boss who doesn't allow openers to call in sick (you have to call three hours early he's the only one to call at that time) so if you know you're going to be too sick/hurt to work the next day swapping shifts is your only option.
    Jack Faire
    Friend
    Father
    Smartass

I really hated being told that I needed to find someone to cover, on the rare occasion I called in sick. I regularly spent time calling workers to cover other shifts when employees called in on short notice, just so the next shift wouldn't be screwed over. Yet for some reason "I" was expected to find my own coverage when I was sick?

Comment

Originally posted by bainsidhe View Post
      I really hated being told that I needed to find someone to cover,
      The thing that annoyed me was his issue was he didn't want someone covering my shift. At all. He doesn't like people trading shifts. For any reason.
      Jack Faire
      Friend
      Father
      Smartass

Comment

Working...
      X