Trump and North Korea

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trump and North Korea

I really don't know what to make of this situation but none of what of occurs to me about it is good.

1) Trump thinks he got a bunch of good things from Kim when all he got were empty promises.

2) Trump pretty much hung the South Koreans out to dry. Hell, our government can't even come up with a definitive answer on if our military exercises with SK are cancelled are not.

3) The photos of Trump with Kim vs. Trump with the G7 leaders were particularly striking.

4) Kim and NK are playing Trump like a fiddle and he doesn't fucking know it.

5) NK state media announced today that Trump had agreed to lift sanctions, leaving the President with two options: He can either agree to lift the sanctions or he can not, thus calling Kim a liar. Both of these work to NKs advantage.

6) Trump has apparently invited Kim to the White House. I'm sorry, but a murderous dictator of an enemy nation has no business being in the White House.

Basically NK promised to do something they were already claiming to do. So nothing new. And then Trump promises to basically neuter our presence there without consulting any of our allies in the region or our own military.

Dude is so clueless.

How many times have NK leaders made this promise and went back on it?
    Violence has resolved more conflicts than anything else. The contrary opinion that violence doesn't solve anything is merely wishful thinking at its worst. - Starship Troopers

Comment

Originally posted by Crazedclerkthe2nd View Post
      1) Trump thinks he got a bunch of good things from Kim when all he got were empty promises.
      Exactly. How many times has the Kim family promised to do something...and then reverse course when it suited them? We all know that they're going to do this, but Trump went ahead and agreed to terms.

2) Trump pretty much hung the South Koreans out to dry.
      Yep, and I really doubt that Kim won't attempt to threaten them. I mean, the guy is so stable...

3) The photos of Trump with Kim vs. Trump with the G7 leaders were particularly striking.
      More propaganda for Kim to use, since you know he'll spin it as "look, we brought the mighty United States to its knees." Even if things turn to shit, he'll be able to use those photos for years.

4) Kim and NK are playing Trump like a fiddle and he doesn't fucking know it.
      Exactly. Trump thinks he's a master at making deals...when he's the one who got shafted. He thinks he's in a position of power, when he really isn't. Kim holds all the cards--you can't really negotiate when you have nothing to offer other than threats of "my button is bigger than yours, and it works."

But, back to the "master at making deals." I think he's a master at something else... Seriously though, Trump hasn't accomplished anything lately. He's pissed off all of our allies, stirred up hatred in this country, and managed to start a trade war on multiple fronts. Yet, he's convinced he's "making America great again."

Comment

Originally posted by protege View Post
        Yet, he's convinced he's "making America great again."
        During his campaign I never once saw a an opponent of his take advantage of that slogan. I mean seriously that slogan implies America sucks. Yet somehow he got the vote of people who would punch anyone that dared say such a thing.
        Jack Faire
        Friend
        Father
        Smartass

Comment

Make Trump is being played? Don't know. Can we trust Kim? Absolutely NO. Kim has to perform before he gets what he wants. As Ronaldus Magnus said "Trust but verify." History will be the judge, right now it's too early to tell.
          Last edited by Tanasi; 06-18-2018, 06:50 AM. Reason: Decided my OG missive was too far OT.
          Cry Havoc and let slip the marsupials of war!!!

Comment

Originally posted by jackfaire View Post
            I mean seriously that slogan implies America sucks. Yet somehow he got the vote of people who would punch anyone that dared say such a thing.
            ...and that's exactly why none of his opponents went there. Patriotism, even *fake* patriotism, is a huge deal in this country. To bash the country, even slightly, would have been political suicide.

Comment

Originally posted by protege View Post
              ...and that's exactly why none of his opponents went there. Patriotism, even *fake* patriotism, is a huge deal in this country. To bash the country, even slightly, would have been political suicide.
              That's exactly my point though HE was bashing the country. All they would have had to do is point that out. "I am sorry you don't feel MY country is great Mr. Trump but I happen to think it's the Greatest Nation on Earth"

In one sentence you re-frame his entire campaign as him bashing on America.
              Jack Faire
              Friend
              Father
              Smartass

Comment

Originally posted by jackfaire View Post
                "I am sorry you don't feel MY country is great Mr. Trump but I happen to think it's the Greatest Nation on Earth"
                That quote actually sounds familiar. I think at some point (not sure if it was during the election campaign or not) someone, perhaps McCain said something like that.

Comment

Working...
                X