Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Arizona woman sentenced - She ran over her husband because he didn't vote for Romney

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arizona woman sentenced - She ran over her husband because he didn't vote for Romney

This woman really doesn't like Obama. She's not kidding around.

Holly Nicole Solomon, of Mesa, AZ, pleaded guilty to assault charges and has now been sentenced to three and a half years in prison, followed by probation and psychological counseling.

Apparently, back in 2012, Solomon was angry that President Obama was re-elected, and believed that their family would face "unspecified hardships" because of his second term. When she found out that her husband, Daniel, had neglected to vote in the election, she became so enraged that she ran him over with her SUV. He was severely injured, had to undergo two surgeries, and learn to walk again.

His mother told the court, "What a ridiculous reason to get angry enough to blow up her entire life by running over her husband and causing such emotional turmoil in her family and ours."

Solomon had previously claimed that she was only trying to frighten her husband, but accidentally hit the gas and ran him over.

The couple is now divorced.

It should be noted that in 2012 :

(1) Mitt Romney won the state of Arizona, so there was really nothing more that anybody there could have done to affect the outcome of the election in his favor.
    (2) Even if Barack Obama had won Arizona, the husband's vote would not have changed anything unless the margin of victory was literally one vote.
    (3) Barack Obama won the electoral vote 332-206, so Arizona's 11 electoral votes would not have swung the election either way.

Most of the comments on this article are condemning this woman and attributing these events to "Faux News" and "Obama Derangement Syndrome." A few comments, however, seem to be at least partly blaming the husband, for not realizing that his wife was crazy, or saying that he should have just lied to her about not voting in the election.

Some believe (probably correctly) that race, and especially gender, played a role in this woman's sentencing. It may very well be that she would have been treated more severely if she wasn't Caucasian, and in any case, a man who did this to his wife would certainly have been condemned far more harshly.
    I consider myself a "theoretical feminist." That is, in pure theory, feminism is the belief that men and women should be treated equally, a belief that I certainly share. To what extent I would support feminism in its actual, existing form is a separate matter.

I think the sentence is too light. She should get a minimum of 20 years.

Comment

"Of course I voted, honey! Ross Perot all the way!"
      "I take it your health insurance doesn't cover acts of pussy."

Comment

Solomon was angry that President Obama was re-elected, and believed that their family would face "unspecified hardships" because of his second term.
        Well, technically, she was right. But I don't think that it really counts when the "hardships" in question were created by her own hand.

Solomon had previously claimed that she was only trying to frighten her husband
        I'm pretty sure that that's still a crime.

http://definitions.uslegal.com/r/reckless-endangerment/

"Reckless endangerment is a crime consisting of acts that create a substantial risk of serious physical injury to another person. The accused person isn't required to intend the resulting or potential harm, but must have acted in a way that showed a disregard for the foreseeable consequences of the actions."

The couple is now divorced.
        No kidding?
        "Come on. Donald Trump didn't think he was going to win this thing, either, and I'm guessing that right now, he is spinning out. He's probably looking at a map of the United States and thinking, 'Wait, HOW long does this wall have to be?!'" - Seth Meyers

Comment

Working...
        X