No announcement yet.

The Masking Conundrum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alberta (currently in the hands of the Conservative Party) is backing down on virtually all COVID precautions. In fact, starting Aug. 16, you don't have to quarantine even if you test positive for COVID.
    Insults are the arguments employed by those who are in the wrong.
    ~ Jean-Jacques Rousseau

Comment

UGH why can't everyone take this seriously? The pandemic is so not over.
      https://www.youtube.com/user/HedgeTV
      Great YouTube channel check it out!

Comment

Originally posted by telecom_goddess View Post
        UGH why can't everyone take this seriously? The pandemic is so not over.
        Because people are dumb, panicky animals and you know it. Also, because the pandemic isn't really real to most of them, unless or until it effects them personally, directly in some fashion that isn't merely annoying inconvenience. And there are the idiots who prefer to believe that the pandemic is literally not real, because... I don't understand their reasons, so I guess that brings it back around to people being dumb, panicky animals who give zero shits about anything except their own personal comfort. Literally this exact same thing happened the last time we had a pandemic in the U.S., back in the 1920s. Right down to the refusal to wear masks and get vaccinated. Americans must have their free-dumb!! Ugh...

Comment

My mom used to work for the now-CDC head (nanny for the kids...they were ignored by the parents and total terrors) and she's a brilliant researcher, but fairly incompetent when it comes to anything having to do with public policy or people in general. So mom was less than surprised when the guidelines were released and then backtracked. We both got vaxxed as soon as we were allowed (my health center gets federal funding so was able to ignore our ridiculous "phase" system, as a federally-classified essential worker I was able to get it two full months before the state decided to open up my phase), but have still been masking indoors in public.

A cousin in OR is strongly anti-vax...while she does know that Covid is real, she believes that the variants were engineered by the vaccine makers and that we don't need a vaccine, the human immune system can defeat the virus. She didn't have a reply to the obvious challenge.

I've run out of fucks to give about the willing vax/mask deniers...their "freedom" does not extend to killing anyone else.
          "Any state, any entity, any ideology which fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of Man...that state is obsolete."

Comment

Working...
          X