Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And while we‘re on the topic of people who are horrible:

https://mobile.twitter.com/mattbinde...20629495001091
    "You are who you are on your worst day, Durkon. Anything less is a comforting lie you tell yourself to numb the pain." - Evil
    "You're trying to be Lawful Good. People forget how crucial it is to keep trying, even if they screw it up now and then." - Good

Comment

Is Matt Binder supposed to be anyone or relevance and/or importance..you know, besides obviously being your run of the mill, cookie cutter, facebook/twitter idiot?

Comment

No idea. I just came across this random act of horrible, and I needed to share.
        "You are who you are on your worst day, Durkon. Anything less is a comforting lie you tell yourself to numb the pain." - Evil
        "You're trying to be Lawful Good. People forget how crucial it is to keep trying, even if they screw it up now and then." - Good

Comment

And you are being kind by just using the word horrible...I don't understand some people at all.

Comment

Neither do I.

But, on more interesting news: another politician stumbles over sexual harassment allegation. This time it was over a 2005 lawsuit from a former subordinate. A lawsuit the plaintiff later dismissed following a settlement. But the DCCC apparently finds that reason enough to withdraw any support of the candidate:

“Members and candidates must all be held to the highest standard. If anyone is guilty of sexual harassment or sexual assault, that person should not hold public office,” DCCC spokeswoman Meredith Kelly said in a statement provided to The Hill.

Of course, the candidate isn't too thrilled about that:

“In its rush to claim the high ground in our roiling national conversation about harassment, the Democratic Party has implemented a zero tolerance standard,” Ramsey said in a statement.

“For me, that means a vindictive, terminated employee’s false allegations are enough for the Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee (DCCC) to decide not to support our promising campaign. We are in a national moment where rough justice stands in place of careful analysis, nuance and due process.”

It's almost like taking accusations at face value without considering actual guilt or innocence has huge potential for abuse.

Comment

So very true and it's sad to say, but anytime I hear a new claim I roll my eyes and quickly switch the channel. Just sick of everything being automatically believed without proper investigation..and more and more people will feel this way eventually, and that fact is a real disservice to true victims.

Comment

My issue with the whole "me too movement" is that why did these women wait so long to speak up. I'm a woman, I suffered sexual harassment both in the sense of being told by a Staff Sgt that I would never get a promotion unless I slept with him and in the sense of being touched and "flirted" with by my peers. In the second case, in my opinion, it's not actually harassment until after you have told them to back off, keep their hands to themselves, etc. In those cases, I would report them up the chain of command. Didn't help me, but you know, when other women started complaining, then something was done. In the case of the Sargent, I told him no way in hell would I sleep with him, so he told me if I kept my mouth shut he'd put me up for promotion and since he was on the board he's get it approved. I reported him because I decided my self respect was more important than a promotion, I was transferred to a different job with a different NCO over me, nothing was done to the SSG, but when the next woman complained, they started to look into it. The 3rd complaint he was busted down to PFC.

But now, it seem like no one is complaining about Staff Sgts or low level managers, they are complaining about people who are now rich and prominent. And as soon as one woman accuses, 20 more show up talking about how he abused me 10,20, 30 years ago. Why did you wait till he was rich? If Matt Laure or Bill Cosby, or whoever was doing it for 20 years, what took you so long to say something.
                Last edited by Judecat; 02-04-2018, 01:19 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Judecat View Post
                  But now, it seem like no one is complaining about Staff Sgts or low level managers, they are complaining about people who are now rich and prominent. And as soon as one woman accuses, 20 more show up talking about how he abused me 10,20, 30 years ago. Why did you wait till he was rich? If Matt Laure or Bill Cosby, or whoever was doing it for 20 years, what took you so long to say something.
                  I can't speak to Matt Lauer no clue who that is. Bill Cosby was rich 20 years ago. There's a structure in place to report harassment in the military. You were lucky it worked for you. Didn't work for me. I was kept under the same staff sergeant who just harassed me more until I had to leave the military entirely and have been struggling in life sense then.

A lot of these people were rich and powerful then to it's not that they suddenly came into power. In Bill Cosby's case it's that his power was waning. In a lot of these cases it's that the power is waning. The "rich and powerful" men being taken down are because they are aging into irrelevancy so no longer can they hurt the people coming forward.

Another factor is that now many of the people coming forward have their own wealth and power allowing them to survive coming forward.

Arbitration is another reason "we haven't heard of it" One of the most common clauses included in arbitration or settlements is "you can't say anything"

So even if a victim speaks up it's quieted down and buried. There are a ton of factors as to why victims don't speak up and if they're really after these men because they're "now rich and powerful" then why didn't they speak up 20 years ago when those men were more rich and more powerful.
                  Jack Faire
                  Friend
                  Father
                  Smartass

Comment

Working...
                  X