Doormat Customer Service

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Doormat Customer Service

I hate Doormat Customer Service. The restaurant I work for has a policy always believe anything and everything the customer says and never say no.

It's the worst bloody policy in the world because it's easy to even accidentally violate it. Yesterday a guest said "I think I Have a pastry reward" I scanned her card and it didn't have a reward for that but it did have a 20 percent discount on her meal. I told her that asked if maybe she had another account as sometimes people misplace their cards and get new ones. She said no used the discount and then later called to complain that I didn't just give her what she wanted.

She didn't pursue it though. She didn't tell me "couldn't you just honor it anyway" sure thing. Nor did she order a pastry in the first place. If you knew you had a free pastry reward or even if you want to scam us into a free one add it to your order.

What drives me absolutely nuts about it is that we keep getting chewed out about our food costs but if a customer comes in and says "I didn't get...." we have to immediately go "Oh well let me get that for you on the house and here's a free pastry for the trouble we caused"

These food costs translate into labor concerns which are seeing a lot of people get hours cut and then to not lose employees they spread the cut hours around so instead of a good core group of people getting good hours a lot of people get shafted on hours and have to get second jobs.

But no let's keep just always taking a guests word for everything and bend over backwards to lose money.
    Jack Faire
    Friend
    Father
    Smartass

I just noticed this post, and I hate that kind of customer service too. Where you have to fawn all over the customer and apologize for the huge inconvenience (that we didn't cause because it was some idiotic thing THEY did in the first place!). And you have to bow down and lick their feet and lap up abuse and insults. FUCK THAT. I refuse to do it. And so far it's working well for me.
    https://www.youtube.com/user/HedgeTV
    Great YouTube channel check it out!

Comment

Working...
    X