Come on guys' it's only a joke lighten up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Come on guys' it's only a joke lighten up

So I saw a group ponder why their sexist joke about men keeps getting blocked. They can't seem to figure out why it get blocked. One woman said, "It's probably a guy reporting" then another woman said "Jeez it's only a joke guys get over it"

None of them were being ironic or seemed to get that they were basically displaying the same shitty behavior women have complained about for decades. Personally the joke didn't super offend me but I could see how the gross generalization of my gender could be offensive to some. In fact if a similar joke about women was made this group would be calling for the person who made it be blocked.

I am of the opinion that if you are going to employ the same shitty behavior you complain about others having then you kind of lose the right to complain about it.

"Well no it's okay when I treat you like shit you just can't do that to me"
    Jack Faire
    Friend
    Father
    Smartass

There was a similar issue last year. Female comedians making "joking" or "sarcastic" comments like, "Men are trash!"

I've never been a friend of all too strict laws for social media platforms. In my opinion, there are already laws in place that govern what you can and cannot say to someone else, and that should be enough. Anything more severe than that can too easily be abused.

And, yes: a lot of people who advocated for stricter regulations of hate speech were surprised when the same rules were then applied to them.
    "You are who you are on your worst day, Durkon. Anything less is a comforting lie you tell yourself to numb the pain." - Evil
    "You're trying to be Lawful Good. People forget how crucial it is to keep trying, even if they screw it up now and then." - Good

Comment

It's amazing how many people can't to save their life to understand and apply the Golden Rule.
      Cry Havoc and let slip the marsupials of war!!!

Comment

Working...
      X