Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Millenials and Modern Pop

https://metro.co.uk/2019/02/07/mille...veals-8462993/

Honestly just a weird one for me. Maybe I'm wrong on this, but technically wouldn't modern pop music be geared more towards GenZ anyway? Like part of this is simply it's not the music they grew up idolizing and therefor they don't recognize it.

It's Grandpa Simpson.

I do actually agree that after a certain point in the mid 2000's music got more homogenized (listening to Post Malone or Ariana Grande I honestly find it odd they don't get called out for appropriation more than they do). But I'll admit, that music isn't FOR me in the first place.

Originally posted by D_Yeti_Esquire View Post
    https://metro.co.uk/2019/02/07/mille...veals-8462993/

Honestly just a weird one for me. Maybe I'm wrong on this, but technically wouldn't modern pop music be geared more towards GenZ anyway? Like part of this is simply it's not the music they grew up idolizing and therefor they don't recognize it.

It's Grandpa Simpson.

I do actually agree that after a certain point in the mid 2000's music got more homogenized (listening to Post Malone or Ariana Grande I honestly find it odd they don't get called out for appropriation more than they do). But I'll admit, that music isn't FOR me in the first place.
    Well, I think most people would agree that "good music is good music". The problem is, what is "good music"? Everyone will likely have a different opinion on that. And to tell you the truth, I pretty much grew up in the 1980's. But good music is good music. I'd put "older" music up against most of the newer "pop" music any day.

My opinion: Most modern music is terrible. It's just not good. It follows Sturgeon's Law to a T. The "pop music" feel has crept into other types of music, too. I know it's pretty much moved into Country music (along with "bro country"). There was even that six country song mashup that one guy did and posted on YouTube that oddly sounded like one coherent song.

Don't get me wrong, there is good music and bad music in every decade. But it seems more and more like you have to search for the good music. I will readily admit that my music tastes generally aren't mainstream, though. As an example, I have a Pandora station for Junior Brown, that also plays artists like The Derailers, Wayne Hancock, Dale Watson, and some "outlaw" country artists. Rock music wise, I'm generally a "hard rock" guy, with some metal mixed in. I also listen to "neotraditional" country, and "traditional" country. I also listen to The Beatles, Rolling Stones, and classical music.

And I'd put most of it up against most music today.

Comment

No one is doing rock and roll anymore....there are no new good rock bands. music since the 1990s has been crap for the most part. IT's all rap or hip hop, or pop, or come modern country junk. No thanks.
      https://www.youtube.com/user/HedgeTV
      Great YouTube channel check it out!

Comment

Working...
      X