Keep Calm and _____ On

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Keep Calm and _____ On

Let me start off by saying I love the original posters and the story behind them. Also, generally speaking I'm a big fan of memes and the like.

But this one, has gotten so, SO out of control. It can be found on absolutely EVERYTHING NOW.

At this point, it doesn't matter, no matter what version of it I see I just roll my eyes. It's not funny anymore, it's just saturated, played out and boring.

Maybe there's some people who do still like it, I don't know, but I've really about reached my limit.

The history of it is amazing.

The memes that have come as a result are not. It's drastically overdone, none of them are funny anymore. It's just become stupid at this point.
    Violence has resolved more conflicts than anything else. The contrary opinion that violence doesn't solve anything is merely wishful thinking at its worst. - Starship Troopers

Comment

Agreed. A lot of them don't even make a lick of sense.

Mom does have a "keep calm and knit on" sticker cuz it reminds her of "I knit so I don't kill people" (without the violent connotations according to her).
      "Any state, any entity, any ideology which fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of Man...that state is obsolete."

Comment

Originally posted by Dreamstalker View Post
        Agreed.
        Mom does have a "keep calm and knit on" sticker cuz it reminds her of "I knit so I don't kill people" (without the violent connotations according to her).
        Lol I so flashed on Demolition Man
        Jack Faire
        Friend
        Father
        Smartass

Comment

Now I'm picturing some sort of fantasy/Dungeons & Dragons variant used as advertising:

"Keep calm at Calm Keep! Just 19 gp a day!"
          "I take it your health insurance doesn't cover acts of pussy."

Comment

Working...
          X