Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is there a point in making a YouTube account if ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by siead_lietrathua View Post
    i remember that.
    still won't retract my offer of defense.
    Thank you.

Have a cat.

Comment

I use my account to save videos and make playlists. Sometimes when I'm reading I like listening through my playlists and not having to click on new songs each time.

Comment

I use my account to upload and watch videos. Mostly to watch what they think I might like to watch, though.

Comment

I don't upload anything, but I do use it to save vids and make playlists as well. I can plug my computer into my stereo and listen to tunes while I clean my house. I don't really listen to the radio so just turning the radio on to listen to while I clean really doesn't work for me.

Comment

I didn't have a youtube account til the day I registered a gmail account. Then it was, well, I've got this so make use of it, and I started commenting on videos. XD
            "Oh wow, I can't believe how stupid I used to be and you still are."

Comment

Someone was posting on another forum that he tried setting up a Google email account and could not progress as it wanted CC info, he was doing this via mobile and couldn't see anything letting him skip. Someone stated it was a way of getting you to take up Google wallet (and not some look alike url phishing thing he typed by mistake with phone fingers).

I bloody well hope its optional, if I do want to post videos and need to go via Gmail, there is no effing way I'm taking out a credit card just to register the fucking thing.

Comment

I never got that when I registered my gmail. I'm guessing it was a mobile thing, and he would be better off using a PC or laptop instead.
                "Oh wow, I can't believe how stupid I used to be and you still are."

Comment

I have 2 youtube accounts, actually. One I made just for subscriptions, and one google decided to give me. And like an idiot, I'd forget which account I was logged into when accessing youtube on different devices (because they keep wanting to use my gmail as default) so I kept forgetting which account had which subscriptions.

Comment

I've found a reason to get a YouTube account without uploading videos, I probably wont act on it though.

Every so often I check to see what new Asian horror movies are out with subtitles.
                    I have seen so many that say HD and are 360p, or say Eng sub and have none hard subbed or as a CC button, some also say "movie X" but show movie Y.

I'm not arsed about people dumping movies onto YouTube, TBH their policing is pants, if anyone posts an hour and a half long video why don't they just take a gander to make sure it's not a movie.

I watched one movie off a channel (full HD hard subs) and went to check out their channel again the next day or so and it had been nuked. They did stick a great big annotation at the start saying "People don't want me to upload X movie to youtube so check out my other channel" and the movies on that channel said the same thing but about a different movie, so s/he had 3 active channels at the time and I haven't checked recently but who knows maybe they are on the 5th or 6th channel and 2 and 3 have been nuked.

Maybe it was because it was 720p and a semi recent movie (Killer Toon was the name they posted it as) had it been 360p they might have ignored it as it's like watching 7th generation VHS half the time when you see the same gooddrama.com watermarked movie under 7 titles.

If the movie doesn't say HD I don't mind 360p, but if it isn't saying 720p in the dropdown then that's a no no in my books.

If the movie doesn't say Eng subs, I'll just move on, I just think the uploader should not use English in the title and tags if no one other than those who speak the language can understand it.
                    YouTube accepts Japanese, Korean, Thai and Chinese scripts, if I search Thai horror I wont bother clicking on a movie that is written in Thai, it gives me false hope when the title and description are in English but no subs are offered, one anthology movie was impossible to follow for the first story as A> it was purely text messaging, B> even if I could read Thai 360p rendered it unreadable. Two you could get the gist of without knowing what is being said, but you are left to fill in the blanks.

TL;DR or I rambled it to where even I nearly forgot what the point was.

I might only get an account just to report movies that are mislabelled in one way or another.
                    Full HD but are not.
                    Eng sub's not available unlike the title
                    Wrong film title (though that's a bit tricky in some cases the on screen title could be wrong).
                    Wrong country of origin listed. I wanted Korean not Thai etc.

Comment

Working...
                    X