Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can you be part of a community that leaves you behind?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can you be part of a community that leaves you behind?

I have a Playstation 3. I only recently was able to afford one in the last couple of years and I'm still playing video games for it. It's going to be years before I've finished all the games I want to play for it and by then we might even be on the PS6. There is a whole gaming community out there I feel alienated from because even if I engage with old YouTube videos and the like I'm watching interactions from years ago.

Basically the gaming community will have moved on. Far beyond where I'm at. Is it possible to be part of a community that you can't keep up with financially?
    Jack Faire
    Friend
    Father
    Smartass

As someone that didn't get a PS4 till a couple years in and is swearing off the PS5 till the PS6 is announced so it comes down in price; A lot of modern gaming communities are pretty toxic.

You're probably safer in the retrogaming communities. >.>

Comment

Honestly, retrogaming comunities in my experience are more worthwhile than current ones. Less toxicity, less focus on Graphics and Gimmicks and hardware and mroe focus on havying fun.

for example, reddit´s patient gamers comunity is a much better place than the general Gaming subreddit in my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by SkullKing View Post
        for example, reddit´s patient gamers comunity is a much better place than the general Gaming subreddit in my opinion.
        I'll have to check that out. I was playing a game that had surprise Zombies that i wasn't expecting and I didn't have anyone to be all "zomg" with that wouldn't have left the game behind years ago.
        Jack Faire
        Friend
        Father
        Smartass

Comment

Working...
        X