Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KY Bible literacy bill moves forward

http://www.wsaz.com/content/news/Ken...372616352.html

Because this won't get shot down in a heartbeat by the courts...
    I has a blog!

Originally posted by Kheldarson View Post
    http://www.wsaz.com/content/news/Ken...372616352.html

Because this won't get shot down in a heartbeat by the courts...
    The only issue I have with this is that it forces schools to include the class. On the bright side, it forces schools to offer it as an elective and not a required course so no one is being forced to take it. My only hope is that schools would also offer classes on other religions as a balance (though we all know that won't happen because then we'd be converting people to Sharia Law or whatever fearmongering they want to use).
    Violence has resolved more conflicts than anything else. The contrary opinion that violence doesn't solve anything is merely wishful thinking at its worst. - Starship Troopers

Comment

What part of the First Amendment do these fuckers not understand? -.-

They just keep repackaging the same shit over and over. Trying to find some point where they can say it's technically not religiously motivated. No really! For sure this time!

Comment

Originally posted by Gravekeeper View Post
        What part of the First Amendment do these fuckers not understand? -.-
        I'd have to say all of it. They're still pissed that religion was removed from schools, and will do anything to put it back. But, you can *guarantee* if other religions--Islam, perhaps--were included, they'd shit kittens

Comment

Originally posted by protege View Post

I'd have to say all of it. They're still pissed that religion was removed from schools, and will do anything to put it back. But, you can *guarantee* if other religions--Islam, perhaps--were included, they'd shit kittens
          Yep. Someone responded to the FB post (since this is local news for me) that "the small minority that doesn't believe in God and the Bible should be the ones to leave".
          I has a blog!

Comment

Working...
          X