The Doonesbury "Say What?" thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apparently not anymore.
    "My in-laws are country people and at night you can hear their distinctive howl."

Comment

• "I'm shocked at the countless millions of dollars that have been spent over the years in the desperate and fruitless search for extraterrestrial life... I do believe there can't be other intelligent beings in outer space because of the meaning of the gospel... Jesus did not become the 'GodKlingon' or the "GodMartian'! Only descendants of Adam can be saved.

Answers in Genesis founder Kan Ham, marking the 45th anniversary of the Apollo 11 moon landing

Welp, the scientific community can stop searching now! The expert on the universe has spoken! There is no other intelligent life out there in the uni...

Oh he's just another stupid religious zealot?

Never mind.

:sigh: there seems to be growing evidence that the reason we can't find intelligent life out in the universe is because they're actively avoiding us. Can't blame them either.

Comment

• Originally posted by lordlundar View Post
        :sigh: there seems to be growing evidence that the reason we can't find intelligent life out in the universe is because they're actively avoiding us. Can't blame them either.
        Either that or... is Ken Ham an alien himself? Think about it, besides a flimsy argument based on a book written at a time when we thought stars were just little fireflies stuck in that... black thing up there, the only other reason one would persuade us not to look for alien life is if they don't want us to find them!

Comment

• lol, that site seems a lot like FSTDT (only less disturbing, thankfully).

Comment

• "As I turned, I was this close to him," Biden continued, indicating [he and Putin] were face-to-face. "I said, 'Mr. Prime Minister, I'm looking into your eyes, and I don't think you have a soul.'"

from a recent Joe Biden profile in The New Yorker

Eh, I have a hard time believing this as Putin would have been foaming at the mouth.

Comment

• I dunno... it COULD explain why Putin's been pretty belligerent recently.

Comment

• Nah, I don't believe that Biden and Putin were eye to eye. I totally believe Putin has no soul.

Comment

• "The only thing that the media has speculated on is that it's going to be various men that are running. They haven't speculated, for instance, that I'm going to run. What if I decide to run? And there's a chance I could run...Practice makes perfect."

Michele Bachmann

That would require anyone honestly believing that the GOP would allow a woman to run in the first place.

Comment

• Originally posted by lordlundar View Post
                    That would require anyone honestly believing that the GOP would allow a woman to run in the first place.
                    They'll let her get to the televised debate stages to prove that they're not sexist, then unleash the skeletons from the closet.

Rapscallion
                    Proud to be a W.A.N.K.E.R. - Womanless And No Kids - Exciting Rubbing!
                    Reclaiming words is fun!

Comment

• Originally posted by Rapscallion View Post
                      They'll let her get to the televised debate stages to prove that they're not sexist, then unleash the skeletons from the closet.

Rapscallion
                      They don't need to unleash the skeletons. She'll say something insanely moronic, like she always does, and knock herself out of the race. Once again, like she always does.
                      Some People Are Alive Only Because It's Illegal To Kill Them.

Comment

• "You made a fing spreadsheet about it?!"

-- Redditor Sorthum's wife after she found about the spreadsheet. (or so he claims)

Clearly, he's making fun of "Spreadsheet Man"
                        Corey Taylor is correct. Man is a "four letter word."

Comment

• "I'm familiar with your country; I love your country. And I understand the complications of so many languages, and so many cultures, and so many histories all rolled up in one. So just as your capital is welcome here to produce good paying jobs in the U.S., I like our capital to be welcome there, and there to be freedom of capital, so that both sides are on the same territory. And I ask cooperation and commitment and priority from your government in so doing. Can I have that?"

Rep. Curt Clawson (R-Fl.) to two Indian-American U.S. officials, at a hearing

Please oh PLEASE tell me the response was "sure, just go to congress you racist fuck."

Comment

• "These things that beat in our hearts when we hear the National Anthem and when we say the Pledge of Allegiance doesn't beat the same for him."

Rep. Steve King on President Obama

The truly sad part is when you look at his track record, this is something mild. His track record essentially says "if you're not an older white male who's a christian fundie then you're not a human being."

Comment

• "I believe that we're going to see coming an effort for multiples in marriage -- not just two, but multiples in marriage...I think they want to legalize that. I think also they want to abolish age of consent laws, which means...we would do away with statutory rape laws so that adults would be able to freely prey on little children sexually. That's the deviance that we're seeing embraced in our culture today."

Rep. Michele Bachmann on gays

You win crashhelmet.

Comment

• She might want to grab onto something. That slope is mighty slippery.

Comment

Working...
                                X