Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Religious right pundit says Hillary Clinton is too hideously ugly to be President

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gravekeeper View Post
    Since a vagina became involved. Look forward to more of it as they will literally not be able to help themselves. They're already teetering over the edge from 2 terms with a black president. It'll be her appearance and everything they can do to imply she's a bitch. As this article is already doing. If Hillary wins a House Republican will literally shit into his hand mid session and throw it across the aisle.

and as a few of you might remember back 25 years ago when Bill Clinton was running for US President

1. A male candidate that actually had a wife with a great college education and good JOB besides her being her husbands sidekick/campaign accessory.
    2. A ruckus about Hillary NOT having some "special cookie" receipe to share with the female masses
    3. Hillary wearing a ( the best I can describe it) a hair band
    4. A candidates wife who could speak intelligently and not some canned crap written by a speech writer AND address real issues

Just a few of the thing I can think of off the top of my head.
    I'm lost without a paddle and I'm headed up sh*t creek.

I got one foot on a banana peel and the other in the Twilight Zone.
    The Fools - Life Sucks Then You Die

Comment

ok, this may make me unpopular but I feel it has to be said

I would just as soon vote for my pet guinea pig for Pres. than I would for Hilary

Comment

Do you have any logical reasoning for that?

And is there anyone on the docket that is both a) more acceptable and b) has a snowball's chance in hell of getting elected?
        Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

It doesn't help that people that are more acceptable hardly ever even get on the docket.

Comment

Originally posted by Tama View Post
            It doesn't help that people that are more acceptable hardly ever even get on the docket.
            Technically, if they were more acceptable to the people who matter, they'd be on the docket.

The rest of us are just fighting over which is the least unacceptable of the ones they let us squabble over.
            Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Originally posted by Andara Bledin View Post
              The rest of us are just fighting over which is the least unacceptable of the ones they let us squabble over.
              Hilly is a bit, how do I put it? I'm not a huge fan of her on a personal level, I think she struggles a bit with figuring out how to interact with people when she's got all eyes on her ( doubly so since she has committed the grave political sin of having a vagina ). Her stint in the Obama administration has helped her rough out the edges though and garnered her a lot of foreign policy cred.

On a professional level however, she is a smart woman who will get shit done and won't put up with much shit in the process either.

Comment

Uh-oh, Gk... We're agreeing about shit again...

Comment

Now I'm going to feel personally responsible for any natural disasters that occur today. >.>

Comment

Now I'm going to feel personally responsible for any natural disasters that occur today. >.>
                    Don't worry about it... I'm sure if anything happens it'll be God's wrath 'cause we let women hold government office or some stupid shit like that...

Comment

These people tend to forget a couple really important ladies in the Bible too...like Deborah...

Comment

Originally posted by Food Lady View Post
                        I had no idea she was so close to 70. I don't know why, but she seems early 50s to me. Well, whatever. It's the issues that matter to me.
                        I agree. I mean I don't think looks were exactly Margaret Thatcher's strong point either right? Now Cristina Kirchner (President of Argentina since 2008), OTOH is quite attractive. But yes, how a candidate matches up with you on the issues and whether or not you like their qualifications and style of governing is indeed what truly counts.

Comment

Originally posted by Estil View Post
                          But yes, how a candidate matches up with you on the issues and whether or not you like their qualifications and style of governing is indeed what truly counts.
                          Thats the way it *should* work. -.-

At this point I find it almost kind of surreal that the first hurdle for any female politician ( or indeed any woman in a position of power ) is whether or not her peers think she's sufficiently fuckable.

Comment

Thats the way it *should* work. -.-

At this point I find it almost kind of surreal that the first hurdle for any female politician ( or indeed any woman in a position of power ) is whether or not her peers think she's sufficiently fuckable.
                            They've got the misogyny meter cranked to 11 in a futile attempt to stave off the fact that most of the rest of the country has reached a more enlightened point where women can be considered capable of doing more than being sex objects, homemakers, and pedestal trophies.

Comment

I think most of us can agree that Hillary Clinton (regardless of what you think of her politically) seems to be a strong, assertive woman.

And for the most part, there is a group of people that don't like strong, assertive women. Especially in positions of power.

Why? Because "strong, assertive woman" equates to "being a bitch", to a lot of people. And that same lot of people won't necessarily vote for a "bitch".

I think that's part of the issue. I think if she had a kinder, gentler air to her, she may not have that issue. Like, if she held the beliefs she does, but she was more like former Texas Governor Anne Richards, she'd probably be liked a lot more. Anne Richards had a "folksy" charm about her, but a super-sharp wit. She even quipped once, "Poor George, he can't help it — he was born with a silver foot in his mouth." (which is a funny quote, to me), and this gem at the 1988 DNC, during the keynote: "I am delighted to be here with you this evening, because after listening to George Bush all these years, I figured you needed to know what a real Texas accent sounds like."

And if you heard Anne Richards, she said that first one with that "Bless His Heart..." in her voice.

Frankly, if a woman has power (especially the Presidency), I kinda want them to be strong and assertive.
                              Last edited by mjr; 07-02-2015, 11:20 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by mjr View Post
                                I think that's part of the issue. I think if she had a kinder, gentler air to her, she may not have that issue.
                                Or, if people didn't have those prejudicial attitudes toward strong assertive women, she may not have that issue. The solution isn't for women to change from assertive and strong to charming and jovial (albeit I appreciate anyone regardless of gender who achieves both), but for the public's opinion to change so that a women who is, essentially, doing the same exact thing as their men counterparts don't get labeled a "bitch.."

Comment

Working...
                                X