Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Sometimes Revenge is better than the Job": What Would You Do?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Sometimes Revenge is better than the Job": What Would You Do?

Continuing the discussion here.

What is your take on the story? I wouldn't do this, but I bet you at least fantasized about doing something to an annoying co-worker or boss.

As John Quiñones would ask: What would you do?

Should have just called the FCC. I would have preferred revenge on the institution, not the individual.
    Violence has resolved more conflicts than anything else. The contrary opinion that violence doesn't solve anything is merely wishful thinking at its worst. - Starship Troopers

Comment

Originally posted by Greenday View Post
      Should have just called the FCC. I would have preferred revenge on the institution, not the individual.
      Agreed. They enabled the farkery to begin with. Then perhaps all of the people responsible would have lost their jobs instead of just the dumbass at the bottom.

Comment

What is a "Metric". Is it some type of Affirmative Action or some type of privilege for being related to some one on the School Board?
        Noble Grand: Do you swear, on your sacred honor, to uphold the principles of Friendship, Love and Truth?
        Me: I do.
        (snippet of the Initiation ceremony of the Fraternal Order of Odd Fellows)

Comment

Originally posted by Gilhelmi View Post
          What is a "Metric". Is it some type of Affirmative Action or some type of privilege for being related to some one on the School Board?
          The only uses of "metric" I'm aware of are measurements and performance standards.
          "The hero is the person who can act mindfully, out of conscience, when others are all conforming, or who can take the moral high road when others are standing by silently, allowing evil deeds to go unchallenged." — Philip Zimbardo
          TUA Games & Fiction // Ponies

Comment

based on the context and his usage of the term in another post the place had metrics of minority employees they had to meet so this person was a minority and to help meet those metrics they couldn't fire them.

Comment

Originally posted by Gilhelmi View Post
              Based on what I read, yes, it would appear this is some kind of "diversity" hire.

Comment

Originally posted by Gravekeeper View Post
                Agreed. They enabled the farkery to begin with. Then perhaps all of the people responsible would have lost their jobs instead of just the dumbass at the bottom.
                The problem is that if the FCC was called, the station would have been fined $1.2 million. I'm guessing that could well have caused the station to go under, causing all of them to lose their jobs.

Comment

Working...
                X