Growing Up In a Buy it Now or Never World

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Growing Up In a Buy it Now or Never World

So I grew up in the 80s and 90s. At that time seeing a TV show get a VHS release was reserved for cult hits like Star Trek. There was no streaming services. When a show ended it's run you got to see it in reruns for a time but even that could go away.

Books and Comic books were much the same you had to buy them when they were on the shelves because unless they were super popular you might never see them again they might go out of print. There are horror anthologies and sci-fi novels I have lost since then that I cannot replace.

Books sitting on my shelves that are out of print and so on.

I now live in a time where every show that hits my TV I can turn around and buy streaming rights to so that I can watch it whenever I want. So I bought shows that I wanted. I haven't rewatched them much.

So now I have this impulse to buy those shows now while I can but while being aware that odds are those shows will still be on sale 10 even 20 years from now so if I actually want to watch them again I can buy them literally anytime I want.

But there is this part of me screaming that I have to buy now or miss out.

How do you handle that?
    Jack Faire
    Friend
    Father
    Smartass

sometimes you can't get every season. I have the last season of the Bob Newhart show on dvd, and all of Rhoda on dvd, because they don't stream at all or completely even today. So it still pays to buy stuff that's important to you.
    https://www.youtube.com/user/HedgeTV
    Great YouTube channel check it out!

Comment

Working...
    X