She drank it all!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TheHuckster View Post
    My understanding is the Catholic Church allows mustum to be used, but only in certain circumstances.
    Only for alcoholics and it can't be mixed in the chalice with the rest of the Blood.
    Good news! Your insurance company says they'll cover you. Unfortunately, they also say it will be with dirt.

Comment

Originally posted by Cia View Post
      IIRC at my mom's Catholic church the priest would do his spiel over the little circle of unleavened bread, dip it in in his chalice then eat it and drink the liquid. After he was done two of the alter boys would bring out a trays of little cups half full of grape juice, he'd do his spiel and the alter boys would stand on either side of the priest then another alter boy would bring him the bread in a basket, wash, rinse and repeat. The people would form a line down the middle of the church, hold their cupped hands out, the priest would say "the body and blood of Christ" or something close to that, place the bread in the person's hands who'd then turn left or right and take one of the cups offered by the alter boys. They went through a lot of little cups.
      I am not a priest or nun (IANAPON), but we don't use baskets for the bread in all of the churches that I've attended. They were always round, metal boxes or chalices.

You can see the stuff that Catholic Churches use in their Masses here.

Again, IANAPON, but I'm not sure what kind of church your Mom attends, but given the little cups of grape juice, I'd be surprised if it was a Roman Catholic Church like mine.

Comment

Originally posted by HYHYBT View Post
        Although it loses a bit of the symbolism, I very much like that Methodists, etc. tend to use a tray of tiny, individual cups.
        Presbyterians, at least here, too. Disposable little plastic dealies. Grape juice, too, tho that probably varies by congregation. I actually prefer juice, as my system is quite sensitive to alcohol in any form.
        "Judge not, lest ye get shot in your bed while your sleep." - Liz, The Dreadful
        "If you villainize people who contest your points, you will eventually find yourself surrounded by enemies that you made." - Philip DeFranco

Comment

Working...
        X