Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I've never heard this conspiracy theory before...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HYHYBT View Post
    It is? I thought that was just a Doctor Who episode.
    Nope:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RMS_Ti...hat_Never_Sank

http://www.rmstitanicremembered.com/?page_id=283

Comment

Wow, people are stupid. Or, at least, willing to buy books if the claim is crazy enough.
      "My in-laws are country people and at night you can hear their distinctive howl."

Comment

Originally posted by HYHYBT View Post
        Wow, people are stupid. Or, at least, willing to buy books if the claim is crazy enough.
        Even when the claims are crazy--and can be easily proven--they'll still swallow it hook, line, and sinker

I liked the part on that second link, about the difficulty keeping 15,000 Irishmen from talking about the "switch." I mean really, the more people you involve in any plot, one or more them are bound to talk.

As to the Titanic, the conspiracy nuts would lose their minds if they started thinking about the *third* ship (Britannic, which sunk during WWI). Granted, all the talk about the name switch is pretty amusing...when you consider that the Olympic got cut up for scrap in 1935, and there are plenty of photos of said scrapping...never mind photos of Titanic herself at the bottom of the ocean.

Comment

Originally posted by protege View Post
          I liked the part on that second link, about the difficulty keeping 15,000 Irishmen from talking about the "switch." I mean really, the more people you involve in any plot, one or more them are bound to talk.
          Whenever I point that out to conspiracy theorists, they say something about "everyone has a price to not talk" or, in this case they'd say something like, "and then the Spanish Flu Pandemic came a few years later to wipe those snitches out. Coincidence? I think not."

Nevermind that if you're talking about some making money as a motive to commit this kind of fraud, doesn't paying people off to shut them up or spending money to commit murders and then cover them up kind of defeats the original purpose of the act, doesn't it?

Comment

That reminds me, if there is some global-spanning super secret organization… that was actually competent… how would we even know about it?

Unless there is no super secret organization yet they want us to believe that there is one because… reasons…
            "I take it your health insurance doesn't cover acts of pussy."

Comment

Working...
            X