Misleading News Titles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Misleading News Titles

I get it, the whole point of this era of trash news is to just be click-bait and try to get as many views as possible. And having an extreme title seems to help in this. I'm just sick of seeing articles, clicking to read, and then it's super not what it claimed to be. For instance, I just was checking news on Google and one was "Chicago boy shot by officer after "armed conflict" by CBS News. By all intents and purposes, a legit news source. This "boy" was 16 years old. He's not a child. If a child got shot, that'd be more newsworthy. But since it's a 16 year old, the only way the news company will get more clicks is by misleading viewers about his age.

It's even worse with politics. Obama will do something completely normal for a president to do and Fox or some other conservative news company will use a title that really has nothing to do with what he actually did. The liberal sources did the same crap with Bush. Makes it real hard to sift through the bullshit.
    Violence has resolved more conflicts than anything else. The contrary opinion that violence doesn't solve anything is merely wishful thinking at its worst. - Starship Troopers

But what happens next left me SPEECHLESS

Comment

It's all for ad revenue anyway. My new hobby is to click on these links and see how high my adblock number will go.

The record is 52.

Comment

Originally posted by drjonah View Post
        But what happens next left me SPEECHLESS
        Exactly. I HATE click-bait material.
        Violence has resolved more conflicts than anything else. The contrary opinion that violence doesn't solve anything is merely wishful thinking at its worst. - Starship Troopers

Comment

Originally posted by Greenday View Post
          Exactly. I HATE click-bait material.
          But #7 will SHOCK you!!

Comment

Working...
          X