Teacher tweets about his student's surprising arrest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Teacher tweets about his student's surprising arrest

17 year old boy was arrested in connection with a stolen car in Chicago.

After receiving a 911 call about a stolen car police arrived at the scene. They frisked and questioned the 17 year old suspect. They arrested him took him to the police station and processed him.

He was released by morning with no charges filed. Now tell me how is that justice how is that righ....oh wait what's this

Sorry folks apparently the 17 year old boy was the 911 caller, it was his car that had been stolen while he was shopping for groceries and as his mom had raised him right his first reaction upon finding his car had been stolen was to call the police.

The above happened when the police arrived accused him of stealing the car and attempted to charge him with the crime. Unfortunately for the officers the car was licensed and registered to him so the charges just couldn't stick.

Meanwhile the car thief left the car abandoned with a broken window and is long gone because no police officer went to look for said car. You know the thing they said this kid stole.

I am still boggling at the logic here and watching the local newspapers in Chicago because I really want to know.
    Last edited by jackfaire; 09-28-2016, 06:56 PM.
    Jack Faire
    Friend
    Father
    Smartass

... I have to say, this is quite possibly an epic fail on the part of the police. Even assuming there was some reason to suspect the 17-year old had stolen the car, I'm fairly sure step #1 would be to check who the car is registered to.

Comment

Originally posted by s_stabeler View Post
      ... I have to say, this is quite possibly an epic fail on the part of the police. Even assuming there was some reason to suspect the 17-year old had stolen the car, I'm fairly sure step #1 would be to check who the car is registered to.
      nah that would be step #2 step 1 would be to locate the car his lojack app showed where it was the cops wouldn't listen.
      Jack Faire
      Friend
      Father
      Smartass

Comment

actually, I would disagree. You check who it is registered to in case it isn't actually stolen. ( it would be just as bad a case of police fail if they impounded someone's car because someone else had reported it stolen)

Comment

Originally posted by s_stabeler View Post
          actually, I would disagree. You check who it is registered to in case it isn't actually stolen. ( it would be just as bad a case of police fail if they impounded someone's car because someone else had reported it stolen)

You can't impound a car or even run it's registration if you do not know where the car is physically located to do either of those things.
          Last edited by jackfaire; 09-30-2016, 01:05 AM.
          Jack Faire
          Friend
          Father
          Smartass

Comment

Working...
          X