No announcement yet.

Doing Smart Things for Stupid Reasons?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Doing Smart Things for Stupid Reasons?

If you can't get people to do the smart thing for smart reasons should you push stupid reasons to get them to comply?

We are supposed to be limiting the amount of people in our store at any given time to 250. Corporate is telling us not to. People have been told to Stay home. Our ads and their own stupidity tell them not to.

So every day our store is full of literally thousands of people shopping for things they don't need talking about "well yeah but I'm bored"

Today it rained. People who will risk the death of themselves and others to go outside sheltered from the rain. But then it didn't stop all of them. Then my god mercifully nationwide our card system crashed and finally, finally our store limited entry.

Both extremely stupid reasons to do the smart thing. So question do you think that's good?
    Jack Faire
    Friend
    Father
    Smartass

Our store (large chain grocery store) is supposed to be limited to 90 people at any given time. I don't know how sternly management would enforce this if we were suddenly overwhelmed. Not very well, I suspect.

I think just about anything that gets people to do the right thing is helpful. I'm reading stories that people become "bored" and restive about the restrictions. Yeah, well, you just tell that to the virus; I'm sure it'll apologize for the inconvenience and back right off.
    Insults are the arguments employed by those who are in the wrong.
    ~ Jean-Jacques Rousseau

Comment

Working...
    X