Anti-Israel is not Anti-Semitic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anti-Israel is not Anti-Semitic

So Rep. Ilhan Omar is in trouble for being Anti-Semitic. The proof? Calling out Israel on human rights violations and other US politicians for supporting Israel and taking their money. And the Democrats are happy to sell her out to try not to look bad? It's adorable who the Democrats are trying to alienate the liberals of the party (The Democrat leadership is hardly liberal). And then the Republicans just laugh at the whole mess.

Got a call from my dad yelling at me. Apparently being Jewish, I'm supposed to just support Israel and it's so wrong supporting this woman. I told him he finally understands that words have consequences online and that's how people feel when he posts his "jokes" about blacks and Mexicans. Because joking about racism is okay, but being seriously against human rights violations isn't. Terrorist groups like Hezbollah are shitty themselves, but that doesn't excuse the crap Israel regularly pulls and the blind support politicians give them in exchange for money and someone to oppose Russian-backed countries.
    Violence has resolved more conflicts than anything else. The contrary opinion that violence doesn't solve anything is merely wishful thinking at its worst. - Starship Troopers

It's an old problem - Israel's politics have always been rather ruthless, but politicians in most countries turn a blind eye, either out of convenience or fear of being branded anti-semitic. No, they're not the Evil State of Evilness that *actual* anti-semites like to brand them as, but their settlement policies are certainly a contributor to the ongoing problems between Israel and Palestinians. It must be valid to criticize that, and it certainly must be valid to criticize the influence lobbyists have on politics - American or otherwise.
    "You are who you are on your worst day, Durkon. Anything less is a comforting lie you tell yourself to numb the pain." - Evil
    "You're trying to be Lawful Good. People forget how crucial it is to keep trying, even if they screw it up now and then." - Good

Comment

Working...
    X