Go Back   Fratching! > General > Social Woes

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes

  #11  
Old 01-22-2019, 05:52 AM
gremcint gremcint is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 963
Default

to be frank it's basically the exact tactics of twitter trolls where it's basically say something to invoke a reaction and get attention, have us gather a bunch of evidence to counter him investing all kinds of emotional labor only for him to turn around and just dismiss it and either restate what we've refuted or move on to a more ridiculous stance.

There's no point in arguing with him, he's never going to change his mind, he is just trying to get us to waste a bunch of time so he can then feel superior while dismissing our arguments out of hand.

there is a video series called the alt right playbook that analyzes the strategies employed by the altright and this one is specifically relevant. https://youtu.be/CaPgDQkmqqM?list=PL...ANnTnzkA_HMFtQ
Reply With Quote

  #12  
Old 01-22-2019, 10:06 PM
Gravekeeper Gravekeeper is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 4,891
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gremcint View Post
to be frank it's basically the exact tactics of twitter trolls where it's basically say something to invoke a reaction and get attention, have us gather a bunch of evidence to counter him investing all kinds of emotional labor only for him to turn around and just dismiss it and either restate what we've refuted or move on to a more ridiculous stance.

There's no point in arguing with him, he's never going to change his mind, he is just trying to get us to waste a bunch of time so he can then feel superior while dismissing our arguments out of hand.

there is a video series called the alt right playbook that analyzes the strategies employed by the altright and this one is specifically relevant. https://youtu.be/CaPgDQkmqqM?list=PL...ANnTnzkA_HMFtQ
I sincerely don't remember the last time I had a serious conversation, debate or even actual argument with someone from the US self identifying as "right wing". It's all this sort of bullshit now. Trump & Co have destroyed rational discourse. Among other things.
Reply With Quote

  #13  
Old 01-23-2019, 03:06 AM
gremcint gremcint is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 963
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gravekeeper View Post
I sincerely don't remember the last time I had a serious conversation, debate or even actual argument with someone from the US self identifying as "right wing". It's all this sort of bullshit now. Trump & Co have destroyed rational discourse. Among other things.
they claim to want it but every time someone tries.....
Reply With Quote

  #14  
Old 01-25-2019, 12:15 AM
catcul's Avatar
catcul catcul is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 257
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gremcint View Post
they claim to want it but every time someone tries.....
...it's fake news.

Also, if they're presented with an unpleasant truth, they hide under the bed.
__________________
Corey Taylor is correct. Man is a "four letter word."
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT. The time now is 02:41 PM.


vBulletin skins developed by: eXtremepixels
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.