No announcement yet.

Walling Off Canada

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Forgot to mention: If they wall off Canada, better hope the Russians don't get frisky. After all, the Pine Tree Line won't give enough warning to do anything. Note that there are 2 other lines further out than the PTL (DEW line, and Mid-Canada line), but as the name for one of them implies, they're on Canadian soil, so if the wall goes up U.S. personnel will be "invited" to leave the facilities.

Also, trace out the "great circle" routes from Europe to North America - U.S. based airlines would be at a competitive disadvantage if they had to stay out of Canadian airspace (and service from Washington to Alaska would be crippled). Sure Canada would have longer routes for transcontinental flights, but it wouldn't be nearly as bad as what the U.S. would face.

Comment

Originally posted by XCashier View Post
      Canada is one of our best friends in the world. I really don't want to anger them, and I can't understand why the GOP does.
      Pssh, come now, its not like its literally the deepest alliance between two countries in modern history or anything. I mean, clearly if there's any threat to the US its obviously from the US's greatest ally on the planet. -.-

Comment

Originally posted by Gravekeeper View Post
        Pssh, come now, its not like its literally the deepest alliance between two countries in modern history or anything. I mean, clearly if there's any threat to the US its obviously from the US's greatest ally on the planet. -.-
        Britain gave us Dr Who and Sherlock. Canada gave us....Justin Bieber. Maybe he wants a wall so we don't get any more Biebers.

Seriously, though, guy's a wackaloon.

Comment

Working...
        X