No announcement yet.

MRA and feminist issues.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I remember hearing about this. She got a lot of hate from radical feminists over this. Why? Because she didn't immediately condemn the MRM? And I don't even like MRAs (though I realize there's a difference between MRAs and PUAs, the latter are despised even by MRAs.) But I also don't like how they've created this boogieman. Where anyone who disagrees with feminism is instantly labled an MRA, rape apologist, misogynist, ect. Sure, there's some horrible MRAs out there, but I can't say radical feminists are much better when they pull shit like that.

And as a side rant, I'm tired of this 'balance fallacy' BS when ever someone takes a position that both sides suck (or both sides have a point). The fallacy describes those who assume the middle position just because it's the middle position. It doesn't mean the middle position is never right (especially when we're talking ideology where some subjective opinion is involved).

Comment

Originally posted by Rageaholic View Post
      The fallacy describes those who assume the middle position just because it's the middle position. It doesn't mean the middle position is never right (especially when we're talking ideology where some subjective opinion is involved).
      The fallacy is giving equal merit to two unequal positions ( like holding the position of a doctor and an anti-vaxxer as equally valid on the topic of vaccines ). You're describing an argument to moderation fallacy, or rather the incorrect application of one. IE the "truth must be somewhere inbetween". The application of which is in itself, a false dilemma ( the fallacy that there can only be two sides to an argument ). IE "You're either with us or against us".

Technicalities aside though, yes, those involved here are making a logical fallacy even if they don't know which one or that they themselves are doing it. -.-

Comment

Working...
      X